Vintage FV Roller Fire Sale!

problemchild

Vintage FV Roller Fire Sale!

Post by problemchild »

Everything here except the engine (and dog). Going to ebay next week. Car will be parted out if not sold by the end of the month.

2009 CASC annual tech. Three races on new fuel cell and tranny. Car did 1.44s at Mosport. SCCA legal roll bar bracing.

Greg13rice-at-hotmail.com
Last edited by problemchild on November 23rd, 2009, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Re: Vintage FV Roller Fire Sale!

Post by problemchild »

Frame rails are 2" wider than original Lynx. Also has dropped floor and taller main roll bar. Roll bar bracing was upgraded to SCCA-spec. Lots of hip and shoulder room. A replacement of the front hoop would improve knee room and make it a real "big guy" car.

Great Lakes or Northeast delivery possible.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
0224tony

Post by 0224tony »

I sent you e-mail as well but give me to discuss.

I am East Aurora NY and currently have a Bobsey Vangaurd Vee.

Daytime: 716.827.6510
Nights 716.652.1659

Thanks

Tony
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Nice to meet another local Vee guy!

Car is still available!

More info ...
I do not know the early history of this vintage FV race car. All the original logbooks have been lost and I have a CASC logbook re-issued to the previous owner in 2004. I suspect it was built in Southern Ontario (Canada) in the 70s as an imitation (clone) of a Lynx B. There were many Lynx clones made as it was “the car” to have then, just as it is the car to have in vintage FV racing today. The car uses standard Lynx bodywork but the chassis has “big guy” modifications from the original Lynx. The frame rails are 2” further apart and the main roll hoop is taller. At some point, a 1” dropped SS floorpan was added which makes the car larger again. When the front roll hoop was added, it was poorly placed and needs to be moved slightly which will allow 6’+ drivers to race this car. Unfortunately, because the previous owner was 6’+, I did not make those mods when the car was being overhauled. Our 5’10” driver had about 7” of roll-bar clearance when driving the car. When I overhauled the car, I changed the roll-bar bracing to modern SCCA standards (which is required for original Lynx in SCCA). The car has many updates that are common to most Lynx raced today. The front beam is mounted higher on the chassis and very nice master cylinders and pedals have replaced the original VW arrangement. It is a nice, well prepared race car which performed reliably and competitively in the 3 races we did this year.
The car had a 2009 annual tech by CASC. The ATL fuel cell was new before our 3 races. Some safety equipment updates may be required for some racing organizations. The front beam assembly has many dents and imperfections from many years of battle but works wonderfully. I installed a ride-height adjuster to the lower tube. It has all the tuning tricks required like offset linkpin bushings and quick-steer pitman arm. I built this car to be a winning vintage FV race car.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Relisted on ebay. Bottomed out already on price .... but relisted again ..... and will be until sold. Thanks!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Will consider trade-ins for up to half of sale price. Parts, FV engines, newer cars, other class cars, ?
greg13rice-at-hotmail.com
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

Ebay auction finishes tonight!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"