Carb question

1969zeitler

Carb question

Post by 1969zeitler »

Which is used by most Vintage racers 28 PIC or 28 PICT? Are they both legal for Vintage? Does the universal rebuild kit cover both carbs? Thanks. Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
SR Racing

Re: Carb question

Post by SR Racing »

Most everyone uses the 28PCI. The rules allow the venturi to be replaced in most venues. You can replace the 28pci venturi and increase flow by 30%. The 28pict has a fixed venturi, so you don't see many people use it, allthough it would be legal.

I THINK the rebuild kit works with either carb, but I have never even tried to rebuild a 28pict.

Jim
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

The rebuild kit for a 28 PCI will NOT work on a 28 PICT. The accelerator pump diaphragms are different sizes as are the gaskets for the top cover. Jim is correct about the venturi diameter. If you wanted to go to the trouble, you couldn't bore out a 28 PICT to be as large as the 28 PCI due to the size of the casting. In case anyone wants some 28 PICTs, I have some that I'd be happy to sell for a great price....

-Jim
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

Checking thru my boxes of parts I found 2 28 PICT carbs. I guess they will work until I can find a PCI. Do any of our suppliers carry the larger Venturi for the PCI carb? Thanks
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Roger:

I would guess that most of the suppliers have the parts you need- including carbs.

The 28 pci's can still be found on e-bay or thesamba. (but they will need to be modified and rebuilt)

Dietmar
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

1969zeitler wrote:Checking thru my boxes of parts I found 2 28 PICT carbs. I guess they will work until I can find a PCI. Do any of our suppliers carry the larger Venturi for the PCI carb? Thanks
Yes, We have the carbs, venturis (or most any carb part you need.)

Jim
SR
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

Thanks everyone. I learn something new everyday on this site. I really do appreciate the help. Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now