Vintage Tires

Don

Vintage Tires

Post by Don »

Anyone have any reccomendations for vintage tires at the club racing level. Don't have the resources for "Vintage Dunlops". Thinking of some good (radial ply?) street tires. It is a vee, and speeds are not that high.

thanks, don
Mark_Silverberg

Re: Vintage Tires

Post by Mark_Silverberg »

Don, before you go and try something different you may just want to see if you can pick up some used Dunlops from someone in your area. If you are new and trying to make it to the track most people in vintage will try to find a way to help you out.
Mark Silverberg
Zink C4
Lynx B
HVR67

Post by HVR67 »

Don,
I'd recommend you find a set of used Hoosiers rather than go the street radial route. I ran radials for two years due to budget constraints and it was a bad experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. The original Hoosiers (5X15 Vintage TD) will last 4-5 seasons if you take care of them and aren't driving 10/10ths all the time but if you don't want to invest in a new set, check around and get some used ones. Used Dunlops are another option as Mark said but they won't last nearly as long as the Hoosiers.
Regards,
Greg Heuer
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

I am heading to a swap meet this weekend and there usually are a few sets of tires there. What size should I be looking for? Thanks. Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.