Front beam question

1969zeitler

Front beam question

Post by 1969zeitler »

In the Zeitler FV instruction book, they say to replace the bottom leafs with the included torsion bar. Are they talking about a THRU-BAR? Is that what goes in the bottom beam tube? thanks again. Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
ajax

Re: Front beam question

Post by ajax »

This is the sway bar or anti roll bar. Different dia.tubes installed w/o center grub screw, are used to help the vee balance, i.e. under or over steer correction. See this sites sponcers , they make them out of round tubes with square ends welded in, so they fit the original holes in turkey legs
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

I checked the Race Car Supply link and is shows 3 different sway bars. I am guessing that this is where you decide how much sway control you want based on the size of the bar. Also, I think this is where years of building experience comes in handy. Is any one of them better for a starting point until you can see how it works on the track?
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Roger,

I think I would start with a 5/8 or 11/16" . Rule of thumb is the softer (smaller) bars will give you a more forgiving car (especially in the rain). The fastest setup on a smooth track is a larger bar. Most people have a 5/8 or 11/16. Then you might want to try a 3/4" some day.

I don't know much about the Zietler suspension, so I might be off a bit. In which case someone here can chime in. The rear suspension also plays a role in how much front roll resistance you have. So if yours is radically different I could be off on my recommendations.
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

Jim,

The Zeitler build manual does not say what size the bar was that came with the kit. Just says how to install it. Another person said to start with a smaller bar and go up from there so 5/8 or 11/16 sounds like a winner. The rear suspension still has the original Zbar and coil-overs. I think I will give the 11/16 a try. I can go up or down if I need it. Thanks again. Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now