Post by problemchild »

Could add anything to this classified ad:
http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=16099
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
Rich_G

Re: Nothing I would say .....

Post by Rich_G »

Crap - the first sign of hyper-inflation is upon us!
FM92
South Carolina Region
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Rich_G wrote:Crap - the first sign of hyper-inflation is upon us!
That's Canadian dollars, which is probably about $1.29 US. :lol:

Seriously though, that Vee belongs to mityfast on this forum.....
Matt King

Post by Matt King »

That used to be a funny joke back when the USD was worth something. Today, you can have that Vee for the low, low price of about $19,000 in American money!
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Actually, the Canadian and US Dollars were on par for a while last fall, and I'm surprised to see them apart by 20% again.....
Bill Carroll

Post by Bill Carroll »

So what, this is a huge bargin. We don't need a trailer, We don't need a tow vehicle, We can't carry $10K worth of spares, put our drivers suite, helmet and sleeping bag in a back pack and were off for a weekend of racing! For the cost of gas! (can't take the other half either - priceless??)
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

Sorry for the entertainment guys.
I was in the midst of purchasing another toy car (currently have 7 toys) and wife wanted one gone before another arrived ( she has not parked her car in the garage for 6 years now)...so i advertised for sale at a rediculous price (so it would not sell)....in the mean time i bought the Testarossa...I since reduced the asking price to $16,900 Canadian to prove intent to sell (to my wife). If someone offers full asking or anything around $15,000 Canadian ($12,00.00 US), it will be gone, however, I am in the throws of uprating the HP and preparing for another autocross season....and yes, I do drive it to the track... followed by my son in the pickup with everything I need!

Sorry for the mass confusion and comedic relief i caused.

Paul
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Actually, I like your strategy! You know you will regret it down the road if you sell that unique Vee. My fear is that you do sell it and the next person fades into obscurity with it. At least while you own it, I know where it is and can continue my life quest of eventually having it in my garage :lol:

What toys make up the 7 count?
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

snookwheel wrote:What toys make up the 7 count?
2 MG Midgets (one is modified for autocross) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjsFzBUIUvU

1 VW kit car (Bugatti Type 35...actually one of the better kits) Great fun on gravel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xpJBs7fgc

1 Huron FV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAzBqV4XVxA

1 Lancia Thema 8.32 (Ferrari V8 quattrovalvole powered) 3 vids seeing how this is so rare...only one in Canada and i know of none in the USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48_NJ3DQUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM5v0osvDzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhCrdBRxX9c

1 Lotus Europa project (I sold a mint one a while back...son wants to turn this one into an autocrosser) vid of the mint one i sold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuOafC88Ueo

1 Mercury Capri RS (think Mustang GT 5 litre HO) no vid yet

Paul
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing. BTW, seven cars and wife that is willing to park outside the garage in the winter??? Clearly, your wife is a Saint 8)
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

snookwheel wrote:Nice collection! Thanks for sharing. BTW, seven cars and wife that is willing to park outside the garage in the winter??? Clearly, your wife is a Saint 8)
She really is... woke up this am to more snow and i have attached a pic of her little Saturn sitting outside. I keep three cars in the attached two car garage and the rest in the separate "man cave" garage out back.
[ external image ]

I do have the Midgets for sale (seriously) and hope to send the Lotus to my sons place...the testarossa should be here soon as the PPI is completed for the sale. The 8.32 may be for sale too...i do not think i have the stomache to handle servicing costs for two ferrari engines.

Paul
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

This can be a fun thread.....what does everyone else have?

we have a pretty healthy collection of unfinished projects.............racing slows it all down....

partial list:

multiple bmw 2002's
'67 vw bus
'69 plymouth roadrunner convertible
just sold two mini's
'65 vw notchback
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

I'm interested in the Midgets....send me a pm

jeff
jaymzz

Post by jaymzz »

When I met my wife she had a 1969 2002 BMW. She was rear ended and totaled it, and I really wish we still had it.

My car list is:
2002 Subaru WRX
2005 Mitsubishi Evo MR
1957 VW Beetle
1997 Subaru Impreza. I am building a hand made widebody for this car. :D
1970 Lynx Super vee
I had more but had to get rid of them. The wife didn't like parking at the end of the driveway.
mityfast

Post by mityfast »

[quote="72jeff"]I'm interested in the Midgets....send me a pm

jeff[/quote

pm sent
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

I sold my '57 beetle to start racing :lol: it was all original with a sunroof...........It was my daily driver for over two years (in NY winters :mrgreen: ))
my wife still gives me crap for selling it...........It went down to florida for a full restoration
jaymzz

Post by jaymzz »

My dad bought my 57 new. In 1967 he was driving down the beach and hit a side stream that took it out to sea. He did say that it floated, but took it home and it has sat ever since. I plan on restoring it in the next couple of years. Believe it or not it actually doesn't have much rust for sitting so long and after being driven in the ocean. I wish it was a sunroof car and thinking about putting one in. I have been keeping an eye out for a original sunroof roof to buy. But that is a couple of years down the road.
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

A Mazdaspeed 3, Solstice GXP and Tundra Pick-up make up the stable here. No cool Vdub's other than my Solo Vee. Now.... Boats? That's a different story! My true sickness floats in the back yard. From clown boats, fishing boat, dive boat to houseboat. Thank goodness my wife has the water bug too. 8)
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

jaymzz wrote:Believe it or not it actually doesn't have much rust for sitting so long and after being driven in the ocean.
Many moons ago, a large wave from Superstorm 1993 tried to wash my old VW GTI 16V to the Bahamas from Daytona Beach. :shock: After the initial shock, opening the door to let the water out and bailing the floor pan, a car wash vacuum and lots of sun dried the interior out so that there wasn't even any smell afterward. The *big* problem was with every single fastener on the car after that. The salt must have soaked into the threads, and whenever I took a wrench to it from that day forward, you can bet that half of the bolts snapped. Just a heads-up for when you start working on your ocean-driven car.....
jaymzz

Post by jaymzz »

Thanks for the heads up. I have been spraying them monthly with pbblaster. I have loosened all the fender bolts so far. The only major problem I know of is the brakes are all locked up solid. I torched them, used pbbalster, BIG hammer, etc and they won't budge. I took off the nuts holding all 4 brake drums off and still can't get them to move. So I just keep spraying them hoping one of these days I can get them freed up enough to push it into a better spot. Tired of people stopping by asking me if I will sell it. I can't move it behind the garage in the gravel with the tires locked up. I put a tarp over the front of it to disguise what it is, and I think people have xray vision because they still stop and ask me if it is for sale.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Jaymzz,
A trick I picked up from an old VW guy... take the bolt out of the wheel cylinder and drive (hammer) the cylinder into the backing plate hub area (assuming all else has failed). It worked on mine :mrgreen:
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

jaymzz wrote:I put a tarp over the front of it to disguise what it is, and I think people have xray vision because they still stop and ask me if it is for sale.
ROTFL!!! I was on a gimmick road rally about 5 years ago, and one of the questions was to identify a car that was under a tarp in someone's driveway along the route...without stopping Over 3/4 of the people knew that it was a Ghia under the tarp. Guess you can't hide anything from a serious gearhead..... :lol:
jaymzz

Post by jaymzz »

Thanks on the advice on the wheel cylinder. If in the next couple of months can't get them broke loose I will have to try that.

And lol on the tarp id.
72jeff

Post by 72jeff »

oh yeah....

I can't leave out my brothers passion for Harley Davidson..............it works out great for me :lol: I just ride one of his