Re-tire my Vee

Marcus

Re-tire my Vee

Post by Marcus »

I'm ready for a road test of my Vee after reverting it back to vintage specs with much help from you all. Does anyone have info on what tires I should buy for this car? I saw a couple of posts from fellow CVAR members - nice to see. I am missing the ECR race this weekend because of extended family. I am so happy. Marcus
Veefan

Re: Re-tire my Vee

Post by Veefan »

Get ready for sticker shock... vintage vee tires are very expensive. A few vintage guys buy from them.... I'm still searching for a used set myself.

http://www.sascosports.com/products/spe ... type_id=28
wroché29

Post by wroché29 »

Marcus;

I'm not sure if vintage race tire trucks are similar, but at my last national race, there were some very servicable slicks and rains in the trow-off pile at the end of the weekend. :roll:
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

I'm not sure about the CVAR vintage vee tire rule but if it is the same as monoposto you may use either dulap or hoosier. Both are expensive up front but Hoosier's will outlast dunlaps at least 2 to 1 so your per weekend costs will be supstantially lower. Hoosiers are available at http://www.racecarsupply.com see there banner at the top of this board.
Butch
FV since1963
ajax

Post by ajax »

Butch,
I heard from CVAR member whom attenderd the Birthday part, (Fred with the nice Form Car), He said that the Hoosier Rep. informed them they are going to be making a "proper" vintage vee tire. Is this true, do you know when? Also saw at our latest event, what seemed to be a smaller dia. set of Hoosiers, around 24.6"? (fronts were still much taller then Dunlop front) then what the CVAR bunch tested a few years ago. Are these the new Vee Hoosiers? Or are better tires still on the way?