Huron FV - Thanks for the help folks

mityfast

Huron FV - Thanks for the help folks

Post by mityfast »

Some months ago i put out a call for any info on Canadian Huron FVs. on this forum and to other vintage race organizations and FV people.
I have had a great response, receiving a couple of rare photos, a rare photo of my car racing in the 70s, personal Huron race stories, race card for my car, 1965 newspaper article on Willy Inkret and his Huron FV business, etc.

As a result of info received, i have removed the ugly 80s aluminum aircraft wing, and made her more like the day she was built. As my car is street legal, I have kept the lighting package, I still have Empi 8 spoke wheels on her with modern G force KDW tires, a kirkey race seat, and removeable fenders(legislated requirement for on road use).

Thank you to all who have passed along the request for Huron info. as it has provided me with a better understanding of the almost extinct Huron F Vee.
Paul
snookwheel

Re: Huron FV - Thanks for the help folks

Post by snookwheel »

That is one unique, beautiful Vee! I can only imagine how fun it must be to be able to drive around town. Have you located any other owners out there?
mityfast

Re: Huron FV - Thanks for the help folks

Post by mityfast »

snookwheel wrote:That is one unique, beautiful Vee! I can only imagine how fun it must be to be able to drive around town. Have you located any other owners out there?
No other current owners have fessed up.
I have spoken with many former owners/racers and they have fond memories of the Huron. Canada's famous race car driver and 1986 Canam chamption Horst Kroll started his racing career in a Huron. Also E. Maier, Willy Inkret, J. Muzzin, R. Luciw.

I received an Entrants List from Mosport International Speedway in 1964 which showed 9 F Vees competing in the Formula Libre Race (10 Laps). They competed with Elva Formula Libres, Lolas, Lotus 18s, Cooper Formula Junior, Mantis, Cooper Formula 3/2, and Formula 366.

Here is the drivers list- Do any of you guys know any of them? or their whereabouts today?
R. Price
J. McCarthy
T. Duff
A. Smith
P.Seitz
E. Maier
J. Marshall
T. Momarch
V. Inkret
J. Muzzin
R. Hill
E. Ferris