Post by csingletary01 »

Here is our 2014 Schedule for Midwest Formula First

April 26 & 27 Gateway St Louis
May 24 & 25 Hallett Oklahoma
June 28 & 29 Hallett Oklahoma
August 2 & 3 Gateway St Louis
September 27 & 28 Hallett Oklahoma
October 25 & 26 Gateway St Louis

We are holding open the dates of July 5 & 6 for a potential race in Denver depending on car counts and interest.
The Hallett races require a membership to COMMA which is their own sanctioning body. The cost is $50.00 annually and simply filling out their medical form. No additional schooling or license us needed. It's a low hassle race group at a very technical historic track.
The St Louis Region is hosting us at Gateway and have been very aggressive in recruiting our series. The are calling it the Formula First Stars series. They will be providing trophies for the 1st 2nd 3rd place finishers in the 3 race series at the end of the final October race.
They are offering the following to our group:
Our choice of run group time - late or early
Either our own run group or split start depending on car count
On track photo op with the above start for future promotion
Special podium photos on both days
Stars Series Event Trophies
End of Season Stars Series Trophies

Bill Gray and I have been working on this for months and are very pleased to be able to put this up. I ran the Gateway Oktoberfest Event and was so warmly accepted. Chuck Udell and Peter Zerkert are really in the FST Corner. They are going to actively promote FST in the MEDIV. They are going to make these weekends attractive to open wheel racers. This three race FST Stars championship be one of the featured events of their weekends. We have met with Connie and Scott Stephens, the owners of Hallet and they are offering the same type of support to grow an affordable open wheel class. We would sure like to see some of the pioneers of FST from around the Central part of the USA help get this expansion of FST kicked off. I have been running at Hallet for years and it is an amazing drivers track. It is used constantly by Pro Race Teams for testing and development. Gateway is one of the nicest tracks within a NASCAR type oval I have every run. The hotel/food infrastructure is great within just a couple of miles of track. It is a fairly new track and they have even added more improvements in this off season.
SR Racing

Re: Inaugural Midwest Stars Formula First Series Schedule

Post by SR Racing »

Super job you guys.. We will be talking to you more and want to add your info to the FFDA web sites...

Jim
SR
NuveauAutosport

Post by NuveauAutosport »

I do want to mention our young driver development program here also. We have been working hard for months with a group of youth karting people out in Colorado. The parents have done a super job and have gotten NASA approval to sanction their series. They will allow young drivers as young as 13 that meet addition licensing requirements. We currently have 3 cars out in the Denver Metro area for that series. It is not just a youth series but an open wheel program so any age open wheel driver can run with them. Chuck and I are also making the trip several times this season to race with them and support their program and I welcome anyone else to do so. As I receive those dates we will post them. We have a few issues to work out yet like weight inequities. Hard to put 200 lbs of ballast in a car but we are looking at addressing that issue with a different restrictor plate.
csingletary01

Post by csingletary01 »

1st STARS Series Race at Gateway April 26th & 27th. Drag those FST out of the garage and start your season.