Problemchild goes Mysterian!

problemchild

Problemchild goes Mysterian!

Post by problemchild »

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Once I saw the new Mysterian FST car, I knew I wanted one!

I ran out of time to make the switch, but I am working towards converting the Problemchild to full Mysterian specs for 2010. In the meantime, I will run the car as a Mysterian hybrid.

With the demise of the FCM FST Series, I will be selecting races with reasonable travel distances. Hopefully, I can make two rounds (4 races) of the Bonow Series, including Grattan this weekend. If you see this car at the track, stop by and pick up a Fox40 whistle.

Thanks to my usual sponsors, suppliers, and tech partners.
Fox40 USA, Autowerks, Vallis Motorsports, Circuit Motorsports, Sugar Grove Custom Cars

Cheers!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
problemchild

Mysterians at Grattan

Post by problemchild »

The official Bonow Series promo rarely covers people that don't drive cars of certain manufacture, but I will report that there were three Mysterian FST cars present at Grattan, all with Autowerks power. It was an uphill battle, as we had raced a total of 3 previous events between the 3 cars. My car had different front and rear suspension packages that I had never used before, and was only about 90% finished when I got to the track.

Doug Seim finished third in Sunday's race after having mechanical issues on Saturday. Doug drives the blue RGU Mysterian and was running in the front group before his problems.

Jared Timmerman was doing his 2nd SCCA event in the yellow #55 Mysterian and finished 6th on Sunday and 7th on Saturday. Jared improved about 4 seconds per lap over the weekend.

[ external image ]

My black Fox40 Mysterian was a handful. I spent time in the Grattan barn making new parts and generally worked my butt off. We salvaged 3rd on Saturday but found some more pace for Sunday, leading more than half of the laps in Sundays race before the incident with half a lap remaining.

[ external image ]

There is some trackside video posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMFzV19VUao

Viewer discretion is advised as it may be offensive to those without a consience.

My personal congratulations must be extended to Carl Middelegge who has become the man to beat. Not only does he have impressive speed, but he drives like a gentleman, and shows honor off and on the track. Way to go Carl!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
SR Racing

Re: Problemchild goes Mysterian!

Post by SR Racing »

And the video showed something? The stewards and witnesses disagreed with your assessments.