Time Capsule Formula Vee

WilkmanRacing

Time Capsule Formula Vee

Post by WilkmanRacing »

I recently bought a Formula Vee that was custom built by Chris Hamilton in 1982 and raced regionally in Southern California until the mid-1980s. At that point it was parked and was not subsequently raced. The car, therefore, is as originally built with all its period stickers. It is extremely well-built and was created and finished by a professional body shop. The attached photo was taken from the car's log book, with its first race entry documented to have occurred in 1982. I am restoring the car for vintage racing and plan to keep its finish and details unaltered. Photos are posted here, along with pictures of the other cars in my collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83632801@N08/
bobs66440

Re: Time Capsule Formula Vee

Post by bobs66440 »

Cool stuff right there!
brian

Re: Time Capsule Formula Vee

Post by brian »

That's one of the rebodied Zincs that ran in Cal CLub in the 80's. Very hard to beat with a stock bodied Lynx at Riverside. I believe that car belonged to Kee Younge who won the first Vee birthday party. Ray Stephens was a guiding force behind those cars.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.