2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry Lists Spreadsheet

alberto

2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry Lists Spreadsheet

Post by alberto »

Hello and Welcome to the 2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry Lists Spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The purpose of this spreadsheet and the accompanying form is to help FV drivers find or plan events with greater car counts. Sharing where we plan to race prior to registration opening may help someone decide between one event and another before vacation or other life plans are already set mid-season. This started a couple years ago as a tool to help Northern Conference SCCA FV drivers to help us see early in the season which events may have better attendance. For 2021, the Provisional Entry List Spreadsheet was expanded to include:

SCCA Majors Tracking - All Conferences
NEFV/NER/NeDiv
CenDiv & Great Lakes SCCA Regionals
Challenge and Driverz Cups
VSCDA - Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association
VDCA - Vintage Drivers Club of America
SVRA - Sportscar Vintage Racing Association
CVAR - Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing
I know I have left out some racing groups/clubs. Please let me know what I have missed and I can add them as time allows.

Participating in the 2021 Provisional Entry List Spreadsheet starts by completing the 2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry List Form.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

1) If you provide your name and email in the form, you will be able enter your events directly into the spreadsheet after a moderator confirms that you are a FV driver.

2) You can provide your name and email and complete the form in its entirety. A moderator will add your initial selection of events and you will be able add/change your events directly into the spreadsheet as above 1).

3) If you would prefer not to provide an email, then please select your events by completing 2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry List Form AND skip the email address question. A moderator will review your response and add your race dates to the spreadsheet. If you want to make changes to a submission afterwards, please complete the form again. Google Forms do not recall your answers after the form is submitted (I think). There is a question that asks if you are updating a prior response. This is to assist a moderator when transferring submissions into the spreadsheet.

The Provisional Entry Lists spreadsheet and form are a working progress. You may notice some changes throughout the year.

Thank you & I hope you find this planning tool helpful. Have a great 2021!

2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry Lists Spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry List Form.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
alberto

Re: 2021 Formula Vee - Provisional Entry Lists Spreadsheet

Post by alberto »

A couple questions have come up so just to clarify: This spreadsheet is intended to help see where we will race prior to registration opening. For example, I was not planning to enter the June Sprints this year; however, it seems like it may have a good turn out based on how many people indicated they may attend it so far. This allows me time to consider switching my schedule to attend the June Sprints instead of planning to go to different event which may only have one other vee attending.

It seems to have somewhat worked for SCCA Northern Conference Drivers the past couple years. This may be in part to the Conference hosting 6 events, while some drivers only complete 3 Major events per year. The spreadsheet helped us communicate before registration opens to figure out which events will have the greater car counts.

I have no clue if this spreadsheet will benefit other series, particularly series with fewer events in a year, but I figured I would try and make it available just in case.
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Alex, I think this is a great idea and thanks for working with us and including the NEFV in your Provisional Entry List Spreadsheet.

This is exactly the approach we took here in the Northeast and it was key to our growth. It's the same reason other FV groups have grown.

It has two major benefits...

1) As you said, people see early where others are planning to go and that allows people to plan to go to what will be the bigger FV race groups.

2) Bigger FV race groups lead to less mixing with other classes. It allowed us in NEFV in the Northeast to not be mixed with wings and things at these races. This was very big!

What a region can do with knowing this information of how many are planning early in the year is plan their race groups ahead of the final Supps, and it's almost always that the larger class will get favorable groupings.

Again, this worked great in the Northeast. It also lead to more people joining FV in our case because new racers tend to join the larger classes. FV is now the largest class in the SCCA NER.

This is a great idea!
John
alberto

Post by alberto »

The VRG - Vintage Race Group schedule was added to the spreadsheet and form. I will be working on the ICSCC - International Conference of Sports Car Clubs and the SCCBC - Sports Car Club of British Columbia for our Vee drivers in the PNW.

John (jpetillo) - No problem and thank you.
alberto

Post by alberto »

International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC) and Sports Car Club of British Columbia (SCCBC) schedules have been added to the spreadsheet and form.