HOOSIER CHANGES FV TIRE CONTINGENCY RULES!!

FV80
Site Admin

HOOSIER CHANGES FV TIRE CONTINGENCY RULES!!

Post by FV80 »

OK, fans.. seems that Hoosier has DECLARED that the new FVS tire is ONLY GOOD FOR TWO RACES!! The latest scoop - as sent to registrants for the 2021 season follows... Looking at the Rev date at the bottom, this decision was made THE DAY BEFORE the Sebring HST weekend.
----------------------------------
Thank you for registering with the Hoosier Racing Tire Contingency Program.
Please note changes in our contingency guidelines
You have found your way to our Registration Page, and we hope with this guide, to help you
through the rest of our web pages. You will find your Specific Program Guidelines, Awards and
Redemption forms, along with helpful information about your use of Hoosier Racing Tires. At our
website you will find most of the answers to your questions.

For your Registration, Award and Guidelines and Redemption Forms please go to
www.hoosiertire.com/cont.htm. Here you can print off the information you will need to have with you
at the track as well as necessary forms to claim any awards you may have coming.

We suggest that you print off the Redemption forms and take with you to the track to get the
proper signatures. Beginning in 2021, we are requiring a copy of a paid invoice to accompany all
redemption forms submitted by participants. A paid invoice can be used for a maximum of two points
paying races for circuit racing claims and four points paying races for solo racing claims. Proof of
purchase must be dated within 90 days of the event, 180 days for Solo claims. Contingency awarded
tires, random draw tires (i.e. no charge tires) will not be eligible for contingency claims. For more
information, please review the rules and guidelines for your specific racing entity.

For Hoosier Racing Tire Road Racing Specification information please go to
www.hoosiertire.com/specrr.htm. Here you will find our information for tire diameters, section and
tread widths as well as recommended rim widths and decal placement guides.
etc.. etc.......
Rev. 1/18/21

I guess this was to be expected. I really figured that the tire Contingency program would NOT BE IN PLACE at all with the advent of the Spec Tire. When I registered for this year, there was NO MENTION of this on ANY pages. I'm told it was in my 'Hoosier Registration Packet' (which I have yet to receive). The webpages apparently have now been updated.

I guess this is still better than no contingency at all.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jpetillo

Re: HOOSIER CHANGES FV TIRE CONTINGENCY RULES!!

Post by jpetillo »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the note. I had not seen this. I'll check out the web site later, but do you know if this policy is the same for all of their racing tires, or just FVS?

Thanks,
John
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I'm not certain but there was nothing in the letter that I received from Hoosier that specifically mentioned the Formula Vee class, just contingency tires. Therefore, good chance it applies to all classes.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Thanks Steve. Perhaps Hoosier is moving the chess pieces this way as a way to deal with reduced sales from COVID. It's certainly seems that it will be tougher for those that are just making into the lead packs here and there to benefit. That it ties it to how many tires you buy I think is a good balance. I wish it gave at least a year. John