FV with CCS @ Mid Ohio - July 1-3, 2016

FV80
Site Admin

FV with CCS @ Mid Ohio - July 1-3, 2016

Post by FV80 »

I have spoken with Ray Carmody and he has spoken with a group of the CCS (FV Challenge Cup Series) entrants. With some trepidation, they have decided to welcome us (regular slick shod FV) to join them at the FRP event July 4th weekend. There is one proviso however - all drivers must JOIN CCS Association (http://www.challengecupseries.com at a cost of $100) in order to participate. When registration is set up, we will plan to include a checkbox to indicate whether or not you will be running under the CCS rules .. meaning their tire/wheel combo and minimum wt at 1075 lbs. Complete info at https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... FSpecs.pdf . As usual, there is a limited number of sets available for rent if you would like to participate under the CCS rules, but don't have the tires. Contact Dean Curtis (dacurtis@ptd.net or (570) 350-8901) if you are interested in going that route.

If I understood it correctly, the entry fee will be "close to" $500 (plus the Association fee - pretty close to the cost of a Majors weekend) and there will be a dinner both Friday and Saturday evenings. Although no schedule is available yet, there are expected to be two 30 minute on track sessions each of the 3 days - a total of "up to" 3 hours. (4 P&Q and 2 races.) CCS have agreed to having all FV and CCS cars on track at the same time for all sessions... however, I think NON-CCS cars might want to opt OUT of the last session (race) on Sunday depending on how the mix is working out. We should also do our best to NOT interfere with the CCS cars as much as possible. The closing rates should be pretty decent, as the CCS cars should be quite close in top end speed, but slower in the corners and under braking. We need to keep in mind that WE are "the faster class" and we don't want to treat them the way we get treated by FF and F5 at normal SCCA events. Just like SCCA events, the clock runs during Black Flag All, so let's not have any of those :-) .

I'm not sure how CCS normally handles entry fees, but most likely credit cards will NOT be accepted, so plan to mail a check or bring a check or cash. We'll know more about that shortly. If your check bounces, you will be burned at the stake.

The event is sanctioned by SCCA Pro, so our regular medical insurance will be in place. You MUST be an SCCA member to participate in this event .. and have a full competition license to DRIVE in it.

It is possible, that FV entrants could outnumber CCS entrants (they expect to have about 20) - that remains to be seen. In order to get an idea of how many might attend, I have set up a registration under MSR at http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/fv- ... 200-174199

There is an option to click if you are just curious and would like to keep up with what's going on as well as "I plan to participate". Please log in to your account and sign up if you plan to join us.
Any follow up messages will be sent ONLY to those that have signed up via the MSR link above.

The CCS guys have been quite gracious in allowing us to participate, so let's be sure we make this a great event for them as well as us. Remember .. for us, it's really just a series of TEST SESSIONS, so agressive driving to take away apexes will be strongly frowned upon. Anyone that routinely violates that 'contract' will be counciled and/or asked to leave.

This is just the beginning of this event and there are quite a number of details yet to be worked out, so I will hold any questions that come back to me until there is a sufficient number of registrants on MSR, so the answers can be sent to everyone.
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
FV80
Site Admin

Re: FV with CCS @ Mid Ohio - July 1-3, 2016

Post by FV80 »

BTW - I received quite a number of 'message blocked due to spam content' when I sent the above info to the FV Registry. If you wish to receive all messages from the registry, you need to put my email addresses on your WHITELIST (Steve [at] both WedgeTek [dot] com as well as WedgeRacing [dot] com. I try to remember to always use WedgeRacing account, but sometimes forget and use the other one.

I'm not sure what triggered the spam blocker in that email - it contains almost exactly the message above. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.
If you see this message here and did NOT receive an email about it, then YOU are one of the ones (about 15) that need to put me on your WHITELIST.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80