Sebring Majors?

jstoezel

Sebring Majors?

Post by jstoezel »

Would anybody have a bit to say about the Majors at Sebring this pas week-end? Looked up the sheet results and would like to know what happened.

Thanks,
JS
Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
WCMA FV #0
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Sebring Majors?

Post by FV80 »

Jean,
What would you like to know? It rained on most groups at one time or another on Friday. IIRC group 5 practice got the worst of it, then the track was shut down for about 2 hours to let a tornado warning go through. From there on out, no more rain. Good weather on Saturday. Torrential rains overnight but I think it stopped before any of the races, although the first couple had a damp track.

Group 5 race on Saturday was a cluster with a red flag on lap1 - regrid for a new (single file) start and a subsequent BFA on about the 2nd lap of the restart. Checker was displayed since they were already WELL over the 40 minute time limit.

In the group 7 race, TWO FF's ran over TWO different FV's. I was one of them and the FF hit me in the side at a 100 MPH left sweeper, pile driving me into the (bare) concrete wall at almost 100 MPH with significant damage - major frame damage as well as numerous other parts. I filed a protest against the FF which was upheld.. but it didn't get my car fixed. Despite the frame damage, I was able to complete 3 laps on Sunday which I did just to get a TEST to see what more showed up at speed. I will have to rebuild the section of the frame behind the engine ... when I get over it and feel like working on the car .. if I ever do.

I complained bitterly to the stewards and was informed that they will NEVER take *ANY* action against overtaking drivers that cause contact *UNLESS* the offended driver files a protest. So.. to any FV reading this, do not hesitate to file a protest if a passing faster class driver causes contact to you. If your protest is deemed valid (highly recommend supporting VIDEO) you will get your protest fee back.. and it will probably only "cost" you 4 or 5 HOURS of your time to see it through - but we HAVE to start doing it.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jstoezel

Post by jstoezel »

Hi Steve:

First of all, I am sorry to hear of your accident; It seems you are unhurt and I guess that's what is the most important.
To answer your question, I wanted to know what had happened at the track. There's obviously racing going on, Homestead a couple of weeks ago, Sebring this past week-end. Maybe other venues. Though there has been no words announcing the events, track reports or results. The only information I could find was the result sheets from the SCCA website.

It is great you took the time to fill us in on what happened at Sebring, thank you very much for doing it.

JS
Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
WCMA FV #0
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

If you go to SCCAMAJORS.COM you can see their 'synopsis' of the weekend's events for Homestead, Sebring and ACS - I think that is all of the Majors so far. It's pretty brief and the Sebring report doesn't even mention FV I think, but it IS what it IS.
Donnie won both races at Homestead (Laura taken out by a F5 on Sunday) and Laura won both races at Sebring (me taken out on the 2nd to last lap on Saturday and basically BROKEN on Sunday).
steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80