Single Class Racing at Road Atlanta ARRC?

FV80
Site Admin

Single Class Racing at Road Atlanta ARRC?

Post by FV80 »

At the (FV Only grouping) Barber Majors this past weekend, I talked to the Atlanta Competition Director about the possibility of an FV ONLY group at the ARRC the first weekend in November. He was quite receptive to the possibility but we need to know how many drivers would make the trip. With the Runoffs being in California this year and MANY veer’s opting NOT to go, I wonder how many might come run an Eastern FV Runoffs at the ARRC. This is a three day event with Qualifying on Friday and Saturday morning, with ARRC races on Saturday afternoon. There are feature races and an enduro on Sunday – one of which would be an FV ONLY RACE if we choose to participate. Although this is by far incomplete at this time, based on previous years, participation in the ARRC races is NOT required for the Sunday feature races, so it COULD be a one day event if you choose. You can also race in the ARRC races, but … unless most of you signed up for that as well, we would not have FV only for those sessions. I might GUESS that registration for the Feature Race would be around $250 - $300 and the ARRC races would be a similar number .. but it’s just a GUESS at this point. There is also usually an associated Test Day on the Thursday preceding (~$250 For 3 or 4 sessions) that usually also allows ½ day for the afternoon sessions depending on expected participation .. based on the race entries.

I have been asked to try and gauge how many cars would show up for this “Eastern FV Runoffs” at the track that hosted the Runoffs for 24 years in a row, the last time being in 1993. The ARRC has been held there in early November since that time and this will be the 20th consecutive year. Many of the individual classes have opted to have their Championships decided at this event in past years. There is no “qualification” required for this event – it is open to ALL SCCA FV competitors with a full competition license and a legal car. We pulled 12 cars to Barber last weekend with a LOT of serious competition and very short notice. I’m thinking we can triple that number for the ARRC.

If you have any questions, send them to me and I will post anything of general interested in the MSR sign up. This is NOT the official signup for the race .. just a preliminary to see if we have a shot at doing FV ONLY again. This registration will be open for ONLY ONE WEEK – Closing on Sunday night, so consider this ASAP and sign in for it if you would like to come.
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/fv- ... 200-991961

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Single Class Racing at Road Atlanta ARRC?

Post by FV80 »

OK guys .. we are almost halfway to the goal of 30. Come on ... gotta be some more out there with an interest in getting back to Atlanta again. Could be a great, fun event if we can get enough cars to support it.
(see link in post #1).
Steve, FV80
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

We didn't quite make the numbers I had hoped for (topped out at 23), but the Atlanta Competition Director (Nick Voigt) has given us the GO AHEAD - this race WILL HAPPEN. I will post here when registration opens. Can we call this an East Coast FV Championship?? A few more cars would make it much more so. It would certainly be "interesting" to field more cars here than Laguna a few weeks prior, but the reasons are obvious.

Please keep this date (Oct. 31 - Nov. 2) on your calendar and TALK IT UP to your FV friends. I hear that HPD is signing up alongside GRM to be a presenting sponsor and, like Barber, will again bring a group of Ariel SpecRaceAtom cars (uses CRX engine/drive train). I'm expecting US to be the highlight of the weekend though, so bring your best and let's give them a good show. I will REQUEST that FV be given the first race slot after lunch on Sunday .. with a morning qualifying session specifically for the Feature Race. That will provide the best possible time frame for those with long tows home.

They are also working on an event T-Shirt to be included with each driver entry.

BTW - Anna Qualls has put FV on Twitter so, if you are a tweeter, chime in - @usa_fvee_racing

Steve, FV80
PS.. If there is any interest, I can probably make arrangements to allow cars with the Canadian Falken Radial Tire setup to participate (within the same group). Please contact me if you would be interested in that.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

OK folks.. Registration for the 2014 FV Eastern Championship at the Road Atlanta ARRC is now OPEN... (as well as all of those OTHER classes )
The link for registration is
http://msreg.com/ARRC-Participant-Registration2014
We hope to have a big crowd there for the Sunday Championship Race. - It'll be SINGLE CLASS Grouping .. FV ONLY, for both qualifying and race!!
See you there...
Steve, FV80