Another Vee only event

brian

Another Vee only event

Post by brian »

I've been approached with the opportunity for vees to participate in the 45th Formula Ford Anniversary Festival weekend at the fabulous Barber Motorsports Park on August 9th and 10th of 2014. It will be a SCCA sanctioned and insured festival two day weekend that will include a 20 minute practice; 20 minute qualifying and a sprint race on Saturday and a morning warmup and feature race on Sunday. It will award points towards the nationwide points championship and the entry fee will be $495.

In addition to the track time, entrants will receive two tickets to the Sat. night banquet and a discounted pass to the amazing museum located at the track.

Like before, we are asking folks to go to Motorsports Reg. and express their interest. here's link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...sfv1200-870227

This track is on my bucket list and if you have never checked it out do so. SCCA does not run there very often and this is a great opportunity.

I need to let the organizers know by June 6th so don't delay in showing your interest.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Another Vee only event

Post by FV80 »

We need FV interest right away to make this event happen. Only 4 cars so far.. let's get out there and support SINGLE CLASS RACING!! :mrgreen:
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Thomas Galuardi

Post by Thomas Galuardi »

Sounds great. But, it' just too far from Connecticut. I would love to be there!
brian

Post by brian »

I understand that this could be quite a tow for some folks, I did a 1500 round trip last weekend to Seattle for the majors, but this may be a one time thing and a real opportunity to run what appears to be a fantastic track.

If anyone knows of a rental opportunity for this event, I would like to make a connection. It may be too far for even me to tow for a one weekend deal, but I still want to run this track.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Another Vee only event (session) at BARBER!!

Post by FV80 »

The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
BLS

Post by BLS »

Good deal!

Thanks Steve and Brian!
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation