Westward Ho! Event/ Nelson Ledges

gdavis

Westward Ho! Event/ Nelson Ledges

Post by gdavis »

If you are not aware by now, all events at Nelson Ledges have been postponed indefinitely because of the deterioration of the track surface. I have just spoken to Wilma Giesy (registrar- Westward Ho!) however, and she said that FLR is going ahead with the event until they hear differently from the track management.
There appears to be some attempt going on to possibly repair the surface and there are also rumors of a potential sale of the facility. I have no first hand knowledge on any of this however.
If you are considering registering for the Westward Ho! event I would encourage you to do so. On the last page of the MotorsportsReg entry process there is an option to “pay later” and you can register with no financial consequences or paperwork hassles if the event is cancelled.
There may be an opportunity here for us Vee racers. If the other groups are under-subscribed we may be more likely get our own group for this event, but we still must have a significant entry to get the leverage to lobby for this.
Please don’t let the uncertainty with the situation discourage you from entering. Nelson Ledges is a great race track and I am sure all of you who have competed there can agree that it has a special down-to-earth vibe that is hard to find in the racing world today. It would be a shame if it was to fade into history, but I am cautiously hopeful that this current situation may bring about a re-birth of this historic race track.
So if you are considering competing get that entry in!