Re: Road Atlanta Majors

Post by BLS »

Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
brian

Post by brian »

Can anyone tell me about the winner? It says she is from Sacramento but I have never met her.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

brian wrote:Can anyone tell me about the winner? It says she is from Sacramento but I have never met her.
Brian,
She's from that area - I don't know specifically where - currently living in the Asheville, NC area. She moved east mid last year to work as an instructor at the BMW Performance School where Donnie Isley is the Chief Instructor. That's most of what I know except that she has significant Kart experience as well as some Sprint Car (I assume NOT the 'Sprint CUP' cars :-) ) time under her belt. What I can say FOR SURE, is that she has picked up FV like she was born into one. Her first race ever in an FV, she led most of the race (PBIR this year) and only lost (to Donnie) because she got caught up in traffic on the last lap.

At Atlanta on Saturday, both Donnie and I dropped out due to "technical issues". She rode in 4th most of the race, but after we were gone, she ran down Jonathan Weisheit (no slouch!) to the lead going into T1 on the last lap. Jonathan passed her to take the lead through T9, but going into T10A, she forced him to brake late, and did the old OVER UNDER trick and took the lead coming out from under the bridge to the checker. THAT was one heck of a move for a VETERAN - much less someone in their 3rd race ever in a Vee.

She bought Dan Voss' Protoform - modified it only to FIT her (probably added 75 lbs of weight at least) and went racing.

The closest person I can recall that made THAT kind of impression right off the bat is Jonathon Rufener - National Champ back at Mid Ohio in 1997 (youngest ever Champ at the time) and Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year winner. Not quite as young as Rufener, but WAY younger than most of us. Probably around Derek's age?

I have been IMPRESSED :shock:
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80