FART's Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race

racingwife

FART's Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race

Post by racingwife »

Hi everyone! The Family Affair Racing Team is presenting our Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race at Mission Raceway Park in BC Canada on July 12 and 13! We have prize money once again courtesy of the Sports Car Club of British Columbia! Complimentary dinner for the vee drivers and their crew/family on Saturday night, prizes, great people and lots of fun! Come join us! Check back for more details...
Mark your calendars and plan to be there!
Jennifer Arthur
Family Affair Racing Team
jphoenix

Re: FART's Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race

Post by jphoenix »

Jennifer,

Is there a test & tune at Mission on the 11th?
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, there is no test and tune on the 11th.

Jennifer
Bob Posner

Post by Bob Posner »

Jim If you enter the regional as well as the fv race,there is an abundance of track time. Don't worry about learning the track - you'll have about 3 hours to figure it out. Bob Posner
jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

OK, thanks Jennifer and Bob. I hope to have about 6 races under my belt by then so hope not to be too much of a hazard to navigation.

It appears there is a regular group of vees that run routinely at Mission, once I get through the novice program with IRDC, I presume I can race with you folks at Mission? It's closer to me than Portland and I'd rather run with vees than all by myself.
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
joekarter

Post by joekarter »

jphoenix wrote: It's closer to me than Portland and I'd rather run with vees than all by myself.
Have no fear Jim, I will be around to give you a run for your money! I am looking forward to it!!!

Troy Miller
'84 Citation FV
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Hi Jim - yes, you'll be very welcome to race with "us" at Mission with your ICSCC license!

No one needs to worry about being a hazard at Mission - we've had fantastic races with big fields, with cars running on lap record pace all the way to 10+ seconds a lap slower. You'll find that everyone here will be more than happy to help you learn the track and get up to speed quickly :)
jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome and don't worry Troy, I plan to race in Portland as well. Got my engine back from Noble, so I just need to drop it back in and see if it runs!
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Hi Everyone! Our Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race on July 12 & 13 at Mission Raceway in Mission BC is coming up quickly! We have prize money courtesy of SCCBC, and tow money courtesy of CACC! This race will be dedicated to our dear friend, Steve Young, who passed away last month. Steve was a very genuine person, loved racing and drove the blue #88 Mysterian FV with yellow wheels. Steve's wife, Susan, will be attending this race. There will be a complimentary dinner on Saturday night, with prizes being drawn. All vees are welcome, tire choice is yours. There is no gas available at the track, but there is a Chevron with 94 octane nearby. Accommodations: The Best Western Plus, Mission City Lodge (across the highway from the track) offers special rates for drivers. Just ask for the “Racer’s Rate”. 1-604-820-5500 direct or 888-552-5542 toll free reservations. The entry fee is $265 for Saturday and Sunday, 15 min practise, 15 min qualifying and 20 min race each day. There is an extra fee if you are running the regional race as well. We do have some vees available for rent; $1200 for the weekend, includes taxes, gas, tires, etc. Please contact me if you would like more info on renting.
Hope to see everyone there! It's a great time with great people!
Thank you,
Jennifer Arthur
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Registration is now open for the FART race on motorsportreg.com (SCCBC - CACC Race #2) Two days of great racing for only $265.00! Register now!
Thanks,
Jennifer
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Still time to enter FART's Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race! Register before July 6th to avoid a late charge! http://www.motorsportreg.com (SCCBC - CACC Race #2)
Come join the fun!
Thanks,
Jennifer Arthur
Family Affair Racing Teaam
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

What a great weekend of racing here in BC! 16 cars started the Fifth Annual FV Invitational Race at Mission Raceway on Saturday, with Paul Higgins taking first place, Bob Posner second and Dennis Andrade third. No major incidents in that race, other than Martin Phillips having to pull over in Turn 2 with clutch problems. Saturday night we had a piggy barbeque thanks to Charlie and Gayle Baird and their helpers Lil Ron and Crystal! Lots of prizes and many thanks to our sponsors: CACC for supplying tow money for our out-of-town racers; SCCBC for supplying $1000 prize money which was split up equally for all the drivers; California Import Parts Ltd came through for us again this year, giving us over $1000 worth of vee parts to give away!; Driver's Edge Auto Sport; Lordco Ladner; G3 Racing; O'Hayre Motorsports; TNT Signs; Big Fat Graphic House. Sunday's race had only 13 drivers start (a couple of people had car issues and one wasn't feeling well because of the intense heat - 38 degrees celcius I believe). Paul Higgins took off like a bullet and raced against himself, the next six cars of Dennis Andrade, Bob Posner, Scott Arthur, Jim McAdie, Martin Phillips and Adam Munn had a great race dicing back and forth; the next three cars of Al Ores, Ross Baillie and Alan Baker were having a fun race, Tim Brausse started last and did a great job trying to catch the leaders; Gayle Baird retired on the eighth lap with some issues; and Tim Leavitt and Bruce Jamieson were having a great time too! Sunday's results were Paul Higgins first, Bob Posner second and Adam Munn third. Points were awarded for both days and the combined totals overall for the weekend were:
1) Paul Higgins
2) Bob Posner
3) Dennis Andrade
4) Adam Munn
5) Jim McAdie
6) Tim Brausse
7) Al Ores
Ross Baillie
Alan Baker
8 Pam Williams
9) James Dallimore
Martin Phillips
10)Gayle Baird
Bruce Jamieson
11)Tim Leavitt
12)Chuck Sowards

Congratulations to our winners and thank you to all the drivers and their crew/families that came out to attend! (Quinn Posner FART missed you!) Huge thank yous to our mechanics Graham Hay, Adam Munn and Robbie Arthur! You guys are amazing! We look forward to next year and hope you all can make it! Check out pictures on our Facebook Page!
Thank you!
Jennifer Arthur
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Just a couple of videos from the racing last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8JY3msmbDE - Onboard Alan Baker's car chasing down #19 Al Ores and #01 Ross Baillie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0pen50ltfwft ... Sunday.mov - Onboard Jim McAdie's car chasing down #69 Scott Arthur, #12 Adam Munn, #7 Dennis Andrade and #4 Bob Posner

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 272&type=1 - Pictures from our Facebook page

Enjoy!
Jennifer Arthur