Runoffs Help please.

sharplikestump

Runoffs Help please.

Post by sharplikestump »

Wanting to see any and all recorded data on the Vee runoffs, such as the speed trap results, lap by lap charts, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

While I am on here...Kudos to all, especially Mike Varacins, who in a class of his own. Extremely impressive!
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Runoffs Help please.

Post by FV80 »

Mike,
Go here <http://www.scca.com/events/results.cfm?eid=5680> to see the results for all classes.

Good to see you, Bob, Kim, and Tommy again. Of course, seeing Elaine would have been even better :lol:

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

I found the data, is there a legion detailing each column? I do not recall the details.

Brian
Speedsport

Post by Speedsport »

Brian -

I believe the headings are as follows:

S1 and S1 TM are the speeds and time through section 1. I beleive that is the speed trap near the start / finsh line.
S2 TM is the time from S1 to S3, which I think is the S/F line to the S3 speed trap a little before the braking zone into 5.
S3 and S3 TM are the times and speeds through the speed trap before turn 5
S4 TM is the time for the remainder of the lap from the speed trap in 5 to the S/F line.

I'm guessing on these, but it seems about right. When walking around the track I could see the timing loop cutouts in the pavement.

Mike Palermo - Thanks! It was great seeing you at the track again.

Michael Varacins
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

The columns are indicated at the top of each page, but it doesn't tell you much.
Basically.
s1Tm is time in the speed trap loops near S/F. I couldn't find out the distance of the trap - I was told 120 feet, but that doesn't make any sense. Whatever the distance is, is used to calculate the
S1 - speed in the S/F trap (obviously, if you are industrious, you can back calculate the distance between the loops. I'm assuming one is at S/F and the other is a few feet past.)
s2 Tm is the time from the S/F to one or the other of the T4/5 speed trap loops - there is no speed for that set of loops
s3 TM is the time in the T4/5 trap, which is between the 5 and 4 break markers into T5. That set of loops is about 3 or 4 feet apart - I walked over and LOOKED at them during one of the sessions.
S3 is the calculated speed through the s3 segment.
S4 Tm is the time from the second loop at T5 back to S/F.
If you add the times in the 4 segments together, you should get the total laptime shown in Lap Tm.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80