50th and Tires

SR Racing

50th and Tires

Post by SR Racing »

Hoosier was out of Vee tires and I am short one set (standard size fronts and rears R55)

Will anyone have a set they can bring to the BD party for me? In exchange I will ship you a new set when my stock comes in (April 8 ) and give you a 5% rebate plus. Let me know ASAP via email jim at sracing.com, or phone. (859-252-2496)

Also, if you need any Vee parts brought to the BD party in exchange we can do that also.

Jim
SR
fvracer27

Re: 50th and Tires

Post by fvracer27 »

That sounds promising "Hoosier is out of tires" hope wont turn into a Carbotech or Goodyear deal
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

fvracer27 wrote:That sounds promising "Hoosier is out of tires" hope wont turn into a Carbotech or Goodyear deal
But they are an event sponsor and paying for the test day. Best to save criticism for atleast another week :lol:
It is time to celebrate the past, and put reality aside for a few days. 8)
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

problemchild wrote:
fvracer27 wrote:That sounds promising "Hoosier is out of tires" hope wont turn into a Carbotech or Goodyear deal
But they are an event sponsor and paying for the test day. Best to save criticism for atleast another week :lol:
They are paying for the test day? Who are you kidding it will be made up in the price increase of the tires in fact it was already made up on the tires that were purchased for the 50th.

Maybe you were right about tires Greg :roll: we have a default spec tire and now we will all pay

The F1200 tires are looking better and better all the time and I'm not far away from Canada :mrgreen:
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
Terry Abbott

Post by Terry Abbott »

Hoosier Tire South picked up All Tires that the factory had for FV about 2 weeks ago for the birthday party.....

Hoosier Tire has another batch being made on April 4th.
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

fvracer27 wrote:
problemchild wrote:
They are paying for the test day? Who are you kidding it will be made up in the price increase of the tires in fact it was already made up on the tires that were purchased for the 50th.

Maybe you were right about tires Greg :roll: we have a default spec tire and now we will all pay

The F1200 tires are looking better and better all the time and I'm not far away from Canada :mrgreen:
I would much rather celebrate 50 yrs of FV racing. Birthday parties are not the time to worry about tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm swamped with work, and will not even be able to drop in.

I wish everybody the best. Have a great weekend! Cheers!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
fv195

Post by fv195 »

I saw them mounting tires all weekend? one of the drivers with me got tires that weren't pre ordered
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

fv195 wrote:I saw them mounting tires all weekend? one of the drivers with me got tires that weren't pre ordered
To clarify..
That was not Hoosier (per se') , that was Appalachian Tire. They are Hoosier dealers just like us. They had ordered the last ones that Hoosier had in stock. That is why I was out. Hoosier had a another run scheduled, but it turned out later than I needed them. Appalachian provided the tires I needed (dealer to dealer). Very nice of them. Anyway, nothing has changed , Hoosier is still supporting us. AND don't know if anyone noticed, but While tire prices have gone up about 6-8% a year for the last several, Hoosier HQ only raised theirs a couple percent while knowing GY was pulling out. They COULD have stuck it to us.
sharplikestump

Post by sharplikestump »

Talk about looking at "the glass being half empty"!
Here is how I see it: Every component that goes into the making of the tires, both material and labor have gone up in price. Additionally, with GY no longer competing for the sales, Hoosier could have raised prices considerably more AND not stepped up for the test day. I was told there were 95 drivers that benefited from that. I don't know what RRR normally charges for a test day (chime in, locals), but multiply that by 95, and I would hope that had I run, I would have personally made the effort to visit the Hoosier camp and given a heartfelt and sincere thank you to Jeff Speer.
Does anyone believe GY stopped building Vee tires because of excessive profits?
Mike Palermo Jr.
Peak Performance Racing