WMR presents "The Majors at MIS" 5/25, 5/26

Dayle Frame

WMR presents "The Majors at MIS" 5/25, 5/26

Post by Dayle Frame »

Registration will open at noon on 3/23 for this event. Yes, it was open (hidden) for 20 minutes or so today (3/22) so it could be beta tested (we didn't want a COTA situation) but a couple of folks snuck in anyway. Oh well....the best laid plans, right?

Event information (in car video, track map, hotel info, etc.) can be found at http://www.wmr-scca.org/club_index.php

Registration can be found at http://www.wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/

Due to a myriad of reasons, we are limiting entries to 240 cars. This is a first year event and we didn't want to try to bite off too much of the apple. We've seen what can happen. We are allowed 55 per race group. We will wiat list entrants if it comes to that.

Also due to limited paddock space, we are using MSR to allow folks to select their paddock spots. This was a cumbersome process so the registration for the event and the selection of parking was beroken into two separate registration processes. There are directions online but, at first, it was kind of confusing (hence the beta testing).

So this is how it'll work. Step #1 is to register for the race (click on the "drivers" event) and step #2 is to select the "parking options" event. We have 64 RV spots ($25 for the weekend), 60 garage spots ($100 without adjacent trailer parking or $150 with adjacent trailer parking) and over 150 paddock spots (all free). During all of this you will only select an RV zone, garage or paddock zone to park in. We will assign you a spot upon your arrival at the track as you complete your registration. The reason is simple. We need to load these zones in a specific order. Some of these zones are tight and we don't want the first rig to block the rest of the zone's access. So the end result is this....if you want to paddock next to somebody, then you have two options. You and your neighbor can arrive at the same time OR make arrangements with the registrar ahead of time.

I know this sounds kind of tricky but bear with us as this is a first year event. If you have any questions, email me (frameh@msu.edu) and I will try and get to it as soon as possible. As you can probably understand, I will be quite busy today and tomorrow.

Dayle
Dayle Frame

Re: WMR presents "The Majors at MIS" 5/25, 5/26

Post by Dayle Frame »

Well registration opened and things have gone pretty smoothly. But only two Fvs so far.

We have 60+ cars entered (of our 240 max) and the primo paddock spaces and garages are going quickly so sign up as soon as you can.

For some reasion the event doesn't show up on the MSR page when folks search for it. By pass that headache and go to.....

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

....to register. Once there, click on the 'register' button next to the 'drivers' option and follow the directions. Once you're done there, go back to the same link and choose 'paddock options' so you can choose where you want to paddock. You don't have to do both at the same time. Confer with your friends and figure out what paddock zone you'd like to park in and then go back and finish the paddock portion.

I work from home and can monitor this while I'm in the office. Please let me know if you have any questions (frameh@msu.edu). I'll be more than happy to help out.

Dayle
Dayle Frame

Post by Dayle Frame »

Bump......

A quick update for everyone.

-We've had registration open for just over two weeks and have just under 100 entries. In addition, we've sold 50% of the garage stalls and RV spots. If you're after one of these paddock options, don't get caught out. Sign up ASAP to insure you get the spot you want. There is NO penalty for signing up now and bringing a check with you to the track. Registration can be done by going to this website: http://www.wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/ and selecting the "drivers" option. Please consider paying by check so we don't pay the 5% credit card charge.

-There are rumors out there that the track is bumpy, the surface is falling apart and that running this event will tear your car apart. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. The entire track (oval and infield) was paved in 2012 and is as smooth as a baby's butt. I don't know where this got started and I don't care. Please feel free to watch an in-car video shot a couple of motnhs ago (1/19) at this address: http://www.wmr-scca.org/majors_mis.php. You'll see how smooth the surface is. Also, the track was widened and is now 36' wide. Plenty of room.

-If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will answer them ASAP.

Dayle
jpcitation

Post by jpcitation »

I apologize if this reply is off topic for this post - but what is everyone thinking about what transaxle we need to run at MIS?
Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Thanks,
Jeff
Dayle Frame

Post by Dayle Frame »

Bump....

A quick reminder of a couple of things.
1. Registration on MSR closes tonight at midnight ET.
2. Plenty of garages and RV spots are still available.
3. Its appears that the weather is going to be awesome. Low 70's and lotsa sun.

While the overall car count hasn't been what we'd hoped, its going to be a lot of fun this weekend. Goad folks who aren't signed up into coming. We've worked very hard to make this a great event and every entry counts.

Email me at frameh@msu.edu if you have any questions.

Dayle
Dayle Frame

Post by Dayle Frame »

Thanks a bunch for making this a fantastic weekend. From the conversations I had, it sounds like the drivers enjoyed this a lot.

Any post event thoughts for those of you that attended? As this was a inaugural event, we can always use constructive criticism to make our subsequent events better.

In addition, I'll be sending out a surveys (through MSR) to get feedback from drivers and workers.

Thanks again and we'll see you next summer.

Dayle
satterley_sr

Post by satterley_sr »

Dayle,

The organization of the event was great, couldn't ask for better. The track as far as I'm concerned needs some work. #1 the entry onto the oval was was too slow and convoluted. #2 The track really needs some curbs, dirt thrown onto the track really made for too much slipin & slidin.

Thanks for putting it on, overall I had a good time.

Dave