West Coast 50th Vee festival

brian

West Coast 50th Vee festival

Post by brian »

I'm pleased to announce a two race 50th Vee Festival series. The first event will be May 18/19 at Buttonwillow Raceway and the second event will take place at Thunderhill Raceway on October 18-20. Both events are open to all vees from all levels of preparation.

The event at Thunderhill will provide a full regional weekend for GCR compliant cars and the All vees festival sessions so be ready for some serious track time. While strongly recommended, non GCR compliant cars running in the Festival, will not have to wear a HANS.

Stay tuned for more information.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
brian

Re: West Coast 50th Vee festival

Post by brian »

Please go to our facebook page and join in. Friends will be automatically notified of all news and developments. Be sure to like us, that will spread the news.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gathering ... 1879117483
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
brian

Re: West Coast 50th Vee festival

Post by brian »

I'm really pleased to announce that the The 50th Gathering of the Clan has secured the date for our event. The SF Board has approved our concept and provided the opportunity to join in the Thunderhill regional over October 18th through the 20th. In addition to the 50th festival race, there will be an opportunity for GCR compliant cars to "double dip" and run Group 4 regional event.

Non GCR compliant cars, like our vintage clan, will be restricted to the Festival Race. While the supplemental regulations have not been approved, it has been agreed that vintage cars will be running under the specific safety standards from their recognized vintage organizations will be able to participate. That includes H&N restraints. If your organization requires a device, then you will wear it this weekend.

I'm still researching testing opportunities for this weekend. I know it's a long tow for many so it is my hope that everyone can enjoy all that the Thunderhill has to offer.

A planned evening meal and celebration is in the works. Thunderhill management has agreed to give our clan the 4th floor to share bread and celebrate our history.

I'm asking everyone to dig out their old pictures, 8mm film and video files to share. I personally will bring video from the 80's. Don't delay call me with your ideas and we'll figure out a way to entertain the clan all weekend.

I'd like to see a pot luck in the pits one night. It's a tradition for our class and it should be a part of this very special weekend.

I have received two commitments from sponsors to help, if you know of anyone who would like to help make this weekend special let me know and help.

Make your plans now. The Thunderhill website has rooming and local info. PASS THE WORD!!