One of our own.

brian

One of our own.

Post by brian »

Steven Davis once again proved his competitiveness with a win at the first Majors event in 2013. Hey buddy, tell us the story! :P
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Kim 291

Re: One of our own.

Post by Kim 291 »

Congrats Steven. Pretty awesome.

Kim Madrid
FV 12
FV1 291
BLS

Post by BLS »

Stevan won Sunday as well, Congratulations on two wins in the first Majors!
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

brian wrote:...tell us the story! :P
I'll take wins ANY (legal) way I can get them :). I won on Saturday after a TIGHT race with Lisa and Russ (Fredericks). Lisa developed some sort of problem about half way and dropped out (while leading) - Russ was sitting behind me the rest of the way .. waiting till the last lap and.. DOUBLE YELLOWS with one lap to go. I win :-).

In Sunday's race, we again had a 3 car battle till Russ went wide out of T3 and dropped back .. still close, but out of the draft. Lisa led until an FM came through and CLOBBERED her out of the lead and into the grass @ T16 with about 3 laps to go. I hung on to the finish.

Lap times were pretty close, but Russ had fast lap on Sat and Lisa had it for Sun....
Both races were dry, thankfully. We had rain the the morning Q on Friday and FOG cancelled all Sunday morning sessions - we went on Friday times.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
hughie 56

Post by hughie 56 »

Fog Sunday Morning???? Were you racing at Pocono?
Good job Steve.
MarkP-2

Post by MarkP-2 »

Steve,

How was Lisa and her car after getting hammered by the FM?

Mark
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

MarkP-2 wrote:Steve,

How was Lisa and her car after getting hammered by the FM?

Mark
Other than being knocked into a spin, she and her car appeared to be undamaged. However, she suffered a 'big noise' engine failure a couple of laps later - I don't know if the 2 were related or not, but I doubt it.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
gdavis

Post by gdavis »

Congrats Steve, and thanks for all the advice and input in your support of your fellow Vee racer's (and Vee racing) over the years.