Runoffs First Qualifying

jrv

Runoffs First Qualifying

Post by jrv »

I saw the real time timing sheet on Thursday. Does anyone know what happened.

Several cars did not get past 2 laps and the entire filed did not do what would have been a full number of pals for the session?

Thank you.

Jim Vaseff
brian

Re: Runoffs First Qualifying

Post by brian »

When you get to this level you'd better bring your a game. One car broke an head stud, no real fault there, and oiled the track. A couple of folks got off and the workers had to get the track back to running status. A few folks got to pace very quickly and squeezed a fast one off. You have to have a perfect car and find a buddy to get that couple of seconds. Friday was much better and Michael showed what he and his dad can do. Many others like Gary Blanarik really stepped up and killed the clock. Jeff Loughead, Stephen Davis did the same. One more session and I think we'll see some more great driving and some more shuffling on the grid.

If you have never stood on the front straight and seen these guys work, you've really missed some of the best driving in amatuer racing.

Stay tuned.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
jrv

Post by jrv »

Thank you Brian, I was in the 2009 race with the "stuff" before the first turn. Ended up in the end passing 17 by just keeping it on the road -- I felt like Forrest Gump in a "Mad Max" movie.
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3