FV 50th Celebration Announcement

aqualls

FV 50th Celebration Announcement

Post by aqualls »

When: Savannah’s Roebling Road Raceway April 5-7, 2013
With the support of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), this race will follow the “Festival” format during which hundreds of racers and their families will enjoy this racing milestone and the historic Brundage Cup. It will feature six race groups covering the spectrum of current and vintage Vee, Formula First, and Super Vees.

For additional details of the Formula Vee 50th Festival: http://www.formulaveeracing.org/fv50th
Kim291

Re: FV 50th Celebration Announcement

Post by Kim291 »

Fred -

There are 3 of us (Kim Madrid, Bob Hatle and Chris Quinteros) coming from the West Coast to participate in the vintage classes. We are looking so forward to being part of this milestone for Formula Vee. Thanks for keeping us updated on this and I will get the word out over here regarding this event.

Kim Madrid
FV1 291
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

I had heard that there was a possibilty that there was not going to be a requirement of the need to have a Hans device for the 50th bday event. What is the status on this?
Ed
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Ed,
I believe the 'no HANS requirement' would apply ONLY to those participants that are NOT SCCA members. Various Vintage groups primarily.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

Thanks Steve, but that might affect my attendance as a racer. Of course I would have to resurect the chassis #1 EV3 or the only EV2 both of which were made before the SCCA rule makers decided 1 3/8" roll hoops were better than 1 1/4" hoops that I made both chassis with. I am about to renew my mebmbership so maybe I could just not do that. I really don't want to by a Hans for one race only. Since I am only runing Chump Car races with my vee friends and don't really plan on racing a vee again it seems like a waste of money.
Ed
Rickydel

Post by Rickydel »

Ed,
For only one race, borrowing a Hans should be easy enough.
Let me know if you can't find one to borrow.

Ricky del
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Agreed - unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to the 50th (to race anyway). I most likely won't be racing next season, so when the time comes if anyone is on the fence about attending due to the lack of a Hans device, I'd be glad to ship you mine, if you pay for the shipping and promise to return it! hehe..