Nelson Ledges

hughie 56

Nelson Ledges

Post by hughie 56 »

16 Formula Vee are entered this weekend for the National at Nelson Ledges! Largest class of the weekend. Come on out and join the fun.
Terry Abbott

Re: Nelson Ledges

Post by Terry Abbott »

As of this morning 18 FV's should be an AWESOME weekend :mrgreen:
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
Speedsport

Post by Speedsport »

How come so many people are going to Nelsons instead of the double / super tour at Mid-Ohio the following weekend?

I guess 14-15 Vees that are already registered for Mid-Ohio will be fun, but Terry your mission at Nelson's is to convince most of those vee guys to come to Mid-Ohio....let's see if we can get 20! I've been lobbying everyone on this side of the lake....
AJP

Post by AJP »

I
Speedsport wrote:Terry your mission at Nelson's is to convince most of those vee guys to come to Mid-Ohio

Looks like the "Hughie and the gang" could get you closer to 20 vees for mid-ohio :D

Hey Hughie, my car is purple...can I join the Maloney team at Nelson?

The SRFs have moved to group 2 so FV will be the second race group...still with the 500s and a FF though.

-Andy P.
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

Us regional guys have you beat we have 20 for this weekend for Vee Fest at NHMS and we would have more if AJP didn't jump ship to run with the big boys :mrgreen:

Good luck hope everyone has a great racing weekend

Hey who said FV is dying?
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
hughie 56

Post by hughie 56 »

You got PURPLE, you can join our time! Mid Ohio is a three day event. I can't get off work Friday and it's been 15 years since I drove Mid Ohio. I need some seat time at that track. I plan on running at NJMP. We have 4 cars at Nelson Ledges this weekend. Should be fun. See you there. We will be with Sam Ryan and his FM just over the bridge.
MarkP-2

Post by MarkP-2 »

Mike:

I'd love to come down to M-O (only 60 miles), but it's $125 cheaper to race at Nelson and it's only a two day event. I assume I'd
also have to pay a late entry for M-O and that would push the cost to over $600.00, plus my son is racing at the Nelson regional
in June, so I'd be looking at close to $1400.00 in entry fee's over a 30 day period. I'm tempted but I won't know until this weekend
is over and I can evaluate my cars condition, and more importantly, my physical and mental condition!

Mark

92' Protoform P-2 / 005
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

As a general rule, don't assume the late fee will be charged without asking. In most cases these days, as long as you give them the info before you arrive, regions are happy to get your entry ... or they SHOULD be anyway. They NEED your entry more than you NEED to go ... You can give them the option of taking your entry at the regular fee or NOT having the entry.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

True Steve... I think the late fee is unfair anyways. I know that they would like to have the info and $ sooner, but what is the cost to them when you are not sure of your possible attendance? A few minutes. Most people have jobs and can't always be sure that you can make an event. Things free up at the last minute and you find out that you can make it and they penalize you. In fact, your late entry MAY be the entry that puts them over the break even $ point.