FART Third Annual FV Invitational Race

racingwife

FART Third Annual FV Invitational Race

Post by racingwife »

Hi Everyone! The Third Annual Family Affair Racing Team (FART) FV Invitational Race is set for August 4th and 5th at Mission Raceway Park in BC Canada. This is on the Vintage Racing Club of BC's Historics weekend, as well as the Children's Charity Grand Prix. Tow money of $75 per state or province you drive through, per driver/car, is available again, thanks to CACC. Details are still being worked out, but I will update you all once I know the schedule, etc. We had 20 vees last year, wheel to wheel racing and a fabulous time! Please check our website at http://www.unionracing.ca for updates, or check our Facebook page for updates and pictures of previous years Invitational Races. Hope you can all make it!
Thank you!
Jennifer Arthur
Family Affair Racing Team
smsazzy

Re: FART Third Annual FV Invitational Race

Post by smsazzy »

What a great event. I suspect we will see 30 cars at this event this year.

[ external image ]

I might be biased, but this is my favorite picture from the 2011 weekend!
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

The way things are going for me, I might only make it to a couple of races this year.. Whatever happens, this will be one!
Mystique Racing

Post by Mystique Racing »

Where or how do you get an invitation? What tire rule will be in in effect?
Scott

Diamond Formula Cars

http://www.diamondformulacars.com
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

You just got an invitiation! :-)

As far as tires, there are no tire rules. You will have cars on AR's, Hoosiers, Goodyears and even treaded tires. Good mix overall.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick update on the FART FV race. Right now, the entry fee is $300 for two days of racing. If we can get 26+ confirmed entries by May 1st, the entry fee drops to $250.00! Please, if you are coming let me know! Right now, we have about 15 of our local drivers coming! There will be a Friday practise day for $115.00. All vees are welcome, tire choice is yours and don't forget the tow money (thanks to CACC) - $75.00 for every state or province you drive through to get to Mission! There is a Saturday night complimentary dinner - Mexican Night! Plus prizes to give away! If you have any questions, please ask!
Thank you,
Jennifer Arthur
arthursix@shaw.ca
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

Count me in!
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

For those that care about those things, I suspect the track will be faster this year with a couple of changes and improvements :) I have a feeling 1:18's will be more common and there might be a couple cars in the 1:17's. If Dennis comes back again, who knows where the record will end up! ;)
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Hi Everyone! We have finalized details for the Third Annual FV Invitational Race on August 4 & 5th as follows:
The entry fee will be $250.00. If you have not registered by July 22, there will be a late entry fee of $50, making it $300. Registration will be through http://www.motorsportreg.com and will be available by the end of this week. Make sure you reserve your paddock spots because it is going to be a busy weekend with the Historics and the Children Charities Grand Prix going on. If you would like to reserve a spot now, contact Keith Robinson at karace90@shaw.ca or 1-604-209-5943.
We will be following CACC General Competition Rules (for example, the white flag does not mean last lap, it means slower vehicle on course). You can go to http://www.caccautosport.org and click on rules to have a look, and we will also have a copy of the rules at the track.
There will be no fuel available at the track, but there is a Chevron two minutes away if you need some.
Thursday night, the track will be open after 5:00pm for the out of town people to come in and set up, plus a meet and greet dinner, thanks to the Vintage group.
Friday there is a practise day for $115.00. Also, there is a by donation bbq dinner for everyone put on by the Vintage people .
Saturday there is practise, qualifying and the race, all 20 minutes long, and the same for Sunday.
Tire choice is yours. Bring rains just in case....we do have a tire groover if you need one and we will have our tire machine and balancer there too.
There is no power. Bring a generator.
There is water available, but not at each pit.
Saturday night Mexican night with prizes! Please let me know how many people will be with you so I can make sure there is enough food!
And of course, TOW MONEY! $75.00 for every state or province you tow your vehicle through, thanks to CACC!
This will be a fun race! There was awesome wheel to wheel action all throughout the field last year! Don't miss out!
Also, the next weekend (Aug 11 & 12) is a race at the new Ridge race track in Oregon, put on by ICSCC if you're interested.
If you have any questions, please contact me at arthursix@shaw.ca or call Bob Williams at 1-604-946-4461 or 1-604-838-8264
Thank you!
Jennifer Arthur
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

Registration for this race is now open. http://www.motorsportreg.com Aug 4-5 Vintage Racing Club of BC, Mission Raceway-Road Course is the one to click on.

Thank you!
Jennifer Arthur
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

I just registered. $250 for loads of track time. Can't beat that. Plus tow money? Wow. This is going to be an awesome event.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Guys, looks like today's the last day to register for the early bird price of $250! Lots of entries already, but I know there's a lot more coming. Get those entries in and save $50! You do NOT want to miss this weekend :)

I think this is a direct link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 1FE073ABFF

Remember the tow money! Cali guys could be racing for $25 and gas prices are going down ;)
racingwife

Post by racingwife »

I was just in touch with the organizers and they are going to extend the date, so you can register without paying the late fee. I will let you know the cut off date when I find out. 18 cars registered so far! Don't miss out!
Thanks,
Jennifer Arthur