Steve Bamford
Andrew McMurray
Michael Iamundi
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
G.B.

Re: F1200 Mosport Aug 6-7

Post by G.B. »

I am not wishing to offend Michael Iamundi, but is refreshing to see different winners. With Andrew McMurray winning at Shannonville, I think that is four different winners after three weekends. I think we had just four different winners all last year!

Guy.
hojo

Post by hojo »

lots of good racing again this past weekend.
we might be out 1 more time this year.

greg thats one helluva motor in the back of the 7 car, i'll leave it at that.
Andrew McMurray
EX - Ontario F1200
Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone »

For a change it DID NOT rain when we went out on Track :lol: but when it rained IT RAINED!!Great W/End tho,at last I have sorted out the rear end pretty much and even better news I discovered with Kevin driving my car a throttle problem,found the butterfly was not opening fully.We fixed that and now AT LAST I have more power,what a thrill to feel and see the difference.Had more power for last race on Sunday,went for a hell of a spin on last corner but saved the car from damage etc,hope I can get it right next race at Mosport and drive better now I have some more power.....12th place next!!!!instead of 14th :mrgreen: Thanx to the Kapelke Gang,Bonaldo Gang,for the help and the CORN!!!freshly cooked 8)
hojo

Post by hojo »

here's some video from the weekend, unfortunately someone forgot to hit the record button for the final trophy race which was also a great finish

http://www.vimeo.com/27605643

there's also some shannonville 2011 footage as well that can be selected from the panel on the right
Andrew McMurray
EX - Ontario F1200
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Great race, Andrew. Who were the other 2 cars racing in your pack? Looked like a Caracal and a Mysterian? And what are YOU in ... a Protoform?

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
BLS

Post by BLS »

Very nice indeed. Great video.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
hojo

Post by hojo »

Steve you probably know the chassis much better than I,

I have a proto p2 (apparently a converted P1) (onboard)

#35 Mike Iamundi drives a Van de Car (very simialr to a Caracal) (red frame, black/silver body)
#7 Steve Bamford is driving a Mysterian M2 prepped by Gerg Rice (silver)
# 73 Phil Wang - Caracal C (black/blue)

Those are the top3 in points.
I believe in the series we have quite the mix now - Protoform, Mysterian, Lynx, Caracal C, BRD, Blackhole, Van de Car, even a Womer now.

Thanks for watching and the comments.

As a follow up from the first mosport race weekend, several drivers rookies have vastly improved - as they always do! While 3/4 cars battled for the lead all weekend there was another group of 4/5 cars only 6-9 seconds back rather than the 20 plus seen at the first weekend. Best laps were within tenths not seconds of the lead pack, very impressive.
Andrew McMurray
EX - Ontario F1200
BLS

Post by BLS »

Andrew, are the F1200 rules available online, like the SCCA GCR? I would like to check out the difference/similarity to the U.S. FV.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
hojo

Post by hojo »

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/fil ... _f1200.pdf

virtually identical, only difference i'm aware of:

-intake manifold limit on size less, significantly less than SCCA
- wheels and tire package (falken radials on 14 inch wheels)
- weight 1075lbs (because tires are heavier)
- CASC does not require arm tethers or fire systems or head restraint devices (i have all 3)...yet
- presenting a car for tech is simple, my current car uses its original SCCA logbook that came with it.

there may be some other differences that i'm not aware of but would not be performance related. someone else with SCCA & F1200 exp may be able to chime in here. Greg or Guy B.
all measurements are in metric but should equal standard measurements in all areas except those written above.

If you are interested in coming up to play, I'm sure it would be easy to have someone lend you a legal manifold (if you need one) and wheels/tires since the tires last 2 years the arrive and drive guys with spares would probably loan a set for a weekend for a very small fee... if that. i run as lean as i can so i dont have any spares or i would loan it to you.

weekend fees are $375 - 15 min practice, 20 min Q, 3 20 min races, 10 min warm up on sunday if you need it. thats 1:45 minutes of track time imerial or metric :D
Andrew McMurray
EX - Ontario F1200
BLS

Post by BLS »

Thanks Andrew, looks like a very nice class. Maybe I'll try it someday.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation