Vintage Races at Waterford Hills July 31st

CSatterley

Vintage Races at Waterford Hills July 31st

Post by CSatterley »

From the Waterford Hills site,

"Re: 2011 WHRRI Vintage Races - FV
by Mark_Silverberg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Great weekend - although did not run exactly to original plan for me. Got in from the first practice session on Friday AM feeling just awful. First time I had every felt sick in a race car. Could not get back in the car for the second practice. I tracked down Terry Abbott and we got him into the car for the last practice session of the day. Made some changes per Terry's advice on Saturday Am and Terry qualified 2nd - this was in a car which only in its 5th on track session from a complete restoration. A great battle in the FV race on Saturday with Terry passing for the lead on the next to last lap.

Mark Silverberg
VSCDA
Zink C4 & Lynx B"
"
Nice job Terry!, not bad for haven't been in a vee for a while and someone elses at that. Me and my brother took our sons out to the vintage races on Sunday at Waterford and they put on a great show, with some heated battles. Made me want to get a vintage vee after I learned the driver who finished second was using last years tires still. : )
Mark_Silverberg

Re: Vintage Races at Waterford Hills July 31st

Post by Mark_Silverberg »

Last years tires? Oh, I think I can beat that. The tires with which Terry won on my car on Saturday probably saw their first session in 2007. I know that the last set of tires I bought was at the birthday party - and I still have a set of full depth scrubbed in tires in the trailer - so the set used had to be older. With care I can get probably 35 sessions out of a set of tires.
Mark Silverberg
Zink C4
Lynx B