Gingerman Extension

satterley_sr

Gingerman Extension

Post by satterley_sr »

Anyone driven the new track layout? How will be in a Vee?

Thanks

Dave
Terry Abbott

Re: Gingerman Extension

Post by Terry Abbott »

Dave.....

[quote][/quote]
The track was approved yesterday by SCCA but the region putting on the event has decided to use the old configuration. The open practice Thursday and Friday will use the new configuration. A lot of hard work went into this, next year will be better. kind regards. JRM .

(not sure why We would have pay practice on friday with the New layout and Race the old layout? :?: )

Terry
Terry Abbott
2- Vector FV's
dd46637

Post by dd46637 »

The track has wisely reconsidered and will run the same configuration as the race weekend.
dd46637

Post by dd46637 »

[/quote]
The track was approved yesterday by SCCA but the region putting on the event has decided to use the old configuration. The open practice Thursday and Friday will use the new configuration. A lot of hard work went into this, next year will be better. kind regards. JRM .[/quote]

I wanted to revisit this post. I have learned that the above was posted on another website by a person who has a vested interest in the track. It is untrue. The extension in question was tenatively approved by the executive steward for the GLDIV several weeks previously. The required work was NOT completed in a timely fashion for it to be ready. I will point out that the track ownership was severly handicapped by some very nasty weather that prevented them from completing everything. The decision not to use the new poriton was made entirely by the stewards and as such the South Bend Region was bound by the decision.

Not trying to slam anyone, I just want to make sure that the true story behind all this is out there for all to see.

Hope you all had as good a weekend as I did.
Dave Dawson
SBR member
FST 88