Oak Tree National VIR

Ed Womer

Oak Tree National VIR

Post by Ed Womer »

Well the race yesterday was great with many lead changes. The Fords lapped us twice so we only got 12 laps which was good since Stevan and I were on older tires and it was obviously slowing us in a couple of the corners but I managed to just pass Stevan at the that line to get the win. They weren't sure at first but they gave it to me with the margine of .001.

Ed Womer 2:23.159
Stevan Davis 2:23.297
Denis Andrade 2:21.845
Sherman Engler 2:22.239
Derek Harding 2:22.202
Dave Green 2:26.487
Steve Schiff 3:54.622

It will be cooler today so we will see what happens and being last group we probably won't race until 4.

Ed
FV94

Re: Oak Tree National VIR

Post by FV94 »

Results/report for sun race?
Bob Tupper
jb_11

Post by jb_11 »

-JB
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

We didn't race until almost 5P :-(. LONG trip home arriving a little after 2 this morning.
Andrade decided he had had enough racing after 4 weekends in a row, so he packed up and headed home. Schiff had car problems all weekend and was thoroughly disgusted and went home as well.
Morning qualifying was quite a bit cooler and both Ed and I put on new tires. I got the pole with Ed beside me. The start was ALMOST clean with only a FF spinning somewhere around T1 (I didn't see it). All vees were at the back of FF/F5/FV group, but we got into the tail end of the F5's immediately and it took them 3 or 4 laps to get going enough to get out of our way :-(. By that time, Ed and I had broken away from the rest of the field, but I heard that they had a pretty good race amongst themselves until Derek Harding ran out of gas and Sherman spun near the end.

It came down to the last lap - I passed and took the lead at the end of the back straight and THIS time, I was able to keep Ed behind me for the Win :mrgreen:
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
sccafoolishrat

Post by sccafoolishrat »

All you guys gave us who have to watch from a corner somewhere a great race, both days. It was sometihng to hear the call over the net for Saturday's race, came in as "We don't know". We at 11 for the weekend had a great time watching you special racers putting on your show, look forward to seeing it again down the road. Take care all.
Chuck