Infineon FV In-car Video

VDF1

Infineon FV In-car Video

Post by VDF1 »

Small bore Formula Car racing is alive and well on the west coast. Last weekend we had 12 FFs, 20 CFs, 4 F500s, & 22 FVs start the Saturday race:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0752514978

Ian Sweeney won both hotly-contested races in his Crusader as 48 cars started the Sunday race.
Life atrophies if it gets too far from risk
Mystique Racing

In Car Video

Post by Mystique Racing »

Leroy, good stuff.

Nice pass on Marjorie going into turn 10, that took some courage.

Who is your motor builder? that thing is a monster.
Scott

Diamond Formula Cars

http://www.diamondformulacars.com
VDF1

Post by VDF1 »

Thank you Ron Chuck Engineering. He tells me that a few other of his motors on the west coast have about the same hp and a couple have a little more. I do love the way it sounds on video--not like a volkswagen at all.
sweenrace

Post by sweenrace »

Leroy,

thanks for posting this...great footage! Any chance you'll be posting race2?

Ian
VDF1

Post by VDF1 »

Sorry, Ian, there was a malfunction and I didn't get anything. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to seeing my attempted pass of Jim Petrek heading into T11 on the last lap.
maurus97

Re: Infineon FV In-car Video

Post by maurus97 »

Awsome video! Looks like a hell of a track to run. Most 500's don't give much trouble, but don't you wanna send that select few for a trip through the weeds?!?
VDF1

Re: Infineon FV In-car Video

Post by VDF1 »

Thanks. Infineon is my favorite track. Turn Two, in particular, is a joy in a FV (the right hander at the top of the hill). When things are working very well it's a shift to 3rd only with no brake and then turn into a blind apex such that you get the right front over the curb just enough to not upset the car. Because the track levels at the top it feels as though the car is going to fly off the outside of the track--but it doesn't. Fun, fun!

I've posted several of my incar views because I've had so much fun watching other people's incar views of tracks that I know I'll never get a chance to run. Glad you enjoyed it.