Speedsport Disc Brake Installation

jphoenix

Speedsport Disc Brake Installation

Post by jphoenix »

I received my disc brake kit from Al Varacins lat week and finished installing them over the weekend. I created a page on my website detailing the installation process: http://www.jimphoenix.com/new-fv-chassi ... sc-brakes/

For some reason, the link above opens the webpage within the FV forum and makes the photos too large. Best to copy the link, open a new tab and paste to view the photos correctly.
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
jpetillo

Re: Speedsport Disc Brake Installation

Post by jpetillo »

Clicking on the link worked fine for me using Firefox.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

If you wanted a link to open "in a controllable way", use RIGHT CLICK on the link and it will give you options. However, I did just modify the code so that the default is to open in a separate window instead of overwriting the one you're on.
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

Thanks Steve.
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
GrahamLoughead35

Post by GrahamLoughead35 »

I am curious to hear the performance of them in a race and throughout a season. I hear force on the brake will be a lot less. Has anyone ran a race in them yet?
Graham Loughead #35
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Laura Hayes ran a full 4 wheel Varacins disc brake setup at Sebring. Seemed she was NOT HAPPY with it, but probably mostly because it just took some "getting used to" and basic setup (bias). I didn't talk to her at the end of the weekend, but there didn't seem to be any real Problems with it ... other than maybe a need to change the master cylinder size. We vee drivers are all used to STANDING on the brakes about as hard as we can. Led to a lot of brake lockup initially.

You'll need to go to the source (her) to get more info.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
BLS

Post by BLS »

Thanks for the pics Jim, looks good.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation