Carbotech brake shoes

jphoenix

Carbotech brake shoes

Post by jphoenix »

Are carbotechs currently the preferred brake shoe? I'm running Porterfields now and seem to work fine, but not cheap. Neither are Carbotechs, but thought if I was going to replace shoes, I might try a set. Seem to cost the same.

Recommendations on which compound to order - if there's a choice? I left a message with Carbotech, but no reply yet.

Any other brake shoe out there with as good as performance, but less expensive than the carbos or Porters?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
brian

Re: Carbotech brake shoes

Post by brian »

Carbo techs are more expensive, less drum friendly and take more work to make work right, but they do stop better. It's your call.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Bob Posner

Post by Bob Posner »

I have the soft (rd4?) Porterfields and they bite a little less than Carbotechs,but are just fine until you want the last 5% of stopping power.
jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

I'm running the RD4's now, they seems fine. I was told the Carbotechs are big bucks, so I think I'm good with the Porterfields.
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
Gdog

Post by Gdog »

The guys from Carbotech have opened a new Brake company called G-Loc Brakes, they have a listing for FV brakes but no prices. May be worth a call to see what's up.
According to the website they opened two days ago http://www.g-locbrakes.com/
brian

Post by brian »

I could not find any info on brake shoes. This web site is all disc pads
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.