Micro SD card size

gdavis

Micro SD card size

Post by gdavis »

I just purchased an Emerson HD Action video camera(EVC 355) and was wondering if I could get some advice as to what size micro sd card(s) I would need for a weekend's racing.
From what I can find out on line I need a class 5 card, but not sure of the GB's that would be required.
Any advice would be appreciated.
fvracer27

Re: Micro SD card size

Post by fvracer27 »

gdavis wrote:I just purchased an Emerson HD Action video camera(EVC 355) and was wondering if I could get some advice as to what size micro sd card(s) I would need for a weekend's racing.
From what I can find out on line I need a class 5 card, but not sure of the GB's that would be required.
Any advice would be appreciated.
You should be able to get a weekend on 16gig card but for the price different I would find a 32gig on sale. I just bought 2 32 gig class 10 cards for $19.99 each on sale at best buy. You have to watch sales
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
gdavis

Post by gdavis »

Mark,
Thanks for the info, I will probably get the 32gb.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

A thought on another track.
I have had "issues" on occasion with the large GB cards. They hold a BUNCH of stuff, but if something happens, you could LOSE IT ALL. Personally, I have decided to go with 8-16 GB cards (whichever is cheaper), go with Class 10 if possible and use a 'fresh' card for anything that you think is IMPORTANT (like the Runoffs race). Too many times the battery has died or the car got a 'shock' that shut the camera off, or somehow other killed the recording. In a lot of those cases, it trashed EVERY file that was on the card.

On amazon, you can find 'deals' on multiple cards of the same size and it makes more sense to me to do it that way.
YMMV,
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
fv22

Post by fv22 »

I second Steve's advice. Use a different card for each session and you never have to worry about losing any more than 1 session. I use a fresh card and fresh batteries every time.
gdavis

Post by gdavis »

Thanks for the advice Steve and FV22.