Tires for Portland

Bruster

Tires for Portland

Post by Bruster »

Have had my 1975/76 Caldwell D13 accepted into the 2013 Portland Historic Races in June. Need feedback from other Vee owners or D13 owners who have done the event or have some knowledge, as to what type of tires I should be using, recommendations on brands, should I use same size for front and back, used tires available, where best to purchase etc?

Thanx
Bruce
smsazzy

Re: Tires for Portland

Post by smsazzy »

Are you able to run racing slicks? I have a set of used Hoosier tires I could sell. If you have to run grooved vintage tires, good luck finding them used. Likely will need to buy new. I typically buy my Hoosier tires from Jim at SR Racing (sponsor of this site. Click on the RaceCarSupply banner at the top and give them a call. (http://www.sracing.com)
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
csingletary01

Post by csingletary01 »

I have six Hoosier treaded vintage tires with 60% tread or better I would sell for $400. Three fronts and three rears. You pay shipping. I can't seem to get pictures posted here. PM and I could email or text photos of tires
Bruster

Post by Bruster »

Stephen:
It seems that Dunlop tires are the preferred Vintage tire used. I cannot seem to get advice as to whether Hoosier, Avon etc, grooved tires are acceptable.
Do you have a dealer I can talk to regarding Dunlops. I could pick them up on the way to Portland .
Thanx
Bruce
brian

Post by brian »

You've got a great vee source in Portland named Jess Heitman at Auto/Marine. his number is 503-407-3854 he'll be able to connect you to a Dunlop source.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.