Citation engine removal

BLS

Citation engine removal

Post by BLS »

Any Citation (or Speedsport) owners that know the correct procedure for engine and tranny removal please let me know. It looks like the engine can be removed without taking the rear trapezoid frame off the car. But, once the rear braces are removed can the car be supported by the rear axles or should you support the car from the frame bottom at that point? After the engine is out it looks pretty simple to unbolt the rear trapezoid and remove the transaxle.

It looks simple enough. But I'm not sure about the support once the rear braces are removed...

Thanks,
Barry
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
DanGrace

Re: Citation engine removal

Post by DanGrace »

The rear supports itself. Once it is free the engine can be slid forward and lifted straight up.
BLS

Post by BLS »

Thanks Dan. It was late and I was tired and porrly worded my question. What I was trying to ask is, once the rear roll bar braces are removed, can the car still sit on the rear tires or axles without any bending stress causing a problem?

Thanks,
Barry
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
rayce13

Post by rayce13 »

I had mine out on both citations (roll bar braces and engine) and didn't have any problems at all having it resting on the wheels or stressing the trapazoid support.
Russ Dykstra
FV '95 Citation #13
FV '93 Citation #31
BLS

Post by BLS »

Thanks guys! That's what I needed to know.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation