110 Leaded Fuel

NotMoss

110 Leaded Fuel

Post by NotMoss »

A local gas station has just started selling 110 Octane leaded racing gas. They say the Harley folks use it. Other than being overkill for our cars, is there any downside to using this in a Vee engine? It's a handy source, and looks to be cheaper than the track fuel.
Ted FV 07 (Retired)
brian

Re: 110 Leaded Fuel

Post by brian »

I'm surprised they're selling it for the street. Leaded fuel is not legal for street use. I would imagine if it passes SCCA's tests it'll be ok for our cars.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
NotMoss

Post by NotMoss »

Yeah, I was wondering that also. There's a very large Harley dealership in town and we get a lot of motorcycle traffic through here on weekends. The guy just took over what was a really crappy station and is sprucing it up with new pumps, E85 and the 110. Not sure he knows what he's talking about. Or maybe he's just talking.
Ted FV 07 (Retired)
dd46637

Post by dd46637 »

Some stations here in Northern Indiana sell 110. The nozzel on the pump will not fit into the filler neck on your modern street car or truck. It will fit nicely into that 69 Chevelle though.
I use it in my FST but only because it is convenient. The airports around here are real tight assed about their 100LL. Both are right around the same price so putting up with the Nazi at the airport isn't necessary.
Dave
NotMoss

Post by NotMoss »

Both our small town local airports have refused to sell me 100LL because of "National Security". I'm not sure how this has much to do with 5 gal. of fuel but they say that they are accountable to the TSA somehow. They said they need a tail number. I just happened to remember the tail number of the plane I learned in and gave it to them...they wanted to see the plane. "Nice try", they said. Someone suggested telling them that it's for an ultralight but I chose not to go that far. Still looking for an airport nearby with a credit card pay at the 100LL pump that's unmanned at night.
Ted FV 07 (Retired)
fv195

Post by fv195 »

my local airport loves selling me gas, they put "airboat" down, guess they sell alot for that. so no worries here. saw a place in Al. selling 110 leaded in 5 gal cans? thought that was strange.