Header / Advice Needed

jsteeb

Header / Advice Needed

Post by jsteeb »

Hi guys.

I put this in, Tech Tips, rather than classified, because I could use some advice too. I knew one of my header pipes had a crack, but after closer inspection 3 of the 4 are actually cracked. Other than age, I believe they failed due to my laziness building an adequate tail pipe support. My headers are mild steel, so I'm going to have them patched up.

My concern is their reliability for my first race weekend (at Nelson). The Ledges isn't exactly known for being easy on cars :lol: And my new headers will not be complete before Memorial Day weekend. I would hate to drive all the way out there only to have a header fail.

So, my question is.... Does anybody have a header I could rent, borrow, purchase, etc...? If it fits, I would simply take it to Nelson with me as a spare - hoping mine holds together. Unless, of course, I purchase it. Then it will just become my temporary replacement.

Feel free to shoot ideas my way too.

Thanks.
Jason

Here's a pic of my current header....

[ external image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Veefan

Re: Header / Advice Needed

Post by Veefan »

Midasize it!!!!

Your best bet and least expensive solution if you can't weld it up is to take the exhaust off and take it to your local muffler shop for a quick patch/repair. Since you're getting a new set... it will not matter much since the local shop will probably "Frankenstein" it but at least it will get you thru the race.