Original 1200 Push Rod Length

Mike Kochanski

Original 1200 Push Rod Length

Post by Mike Kochanski »

Can someone tell me the factory push rod length for an original 1200 push rod in inches. Example 7.580 These are the push rods with the big aluminum ends.

This measurement is not the same as the stock 1600 push rod that we currently run and shorten to achieve max lift.

Thanks
Mike
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Original 1200 Push Rod Length

Post by Dietmar »

Mike:

I grabbed 10 and they measured from shortest at 10.530" to longest at 10.655"

For some reason I thought they would all be the same length, but...

Hope this helps

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
Mike Kochanski

Post by Mike Kochanski »

Hi Dietmar,

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you for your reply.

Mike
billinstuart

Post by billinstuart »

Pushrod lengths are adjusted to compensate for cut-down cylinder barrels, and to optimize "area under the curve" valve train operation.
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Mike:

You are welcome.

Got to thinking last night that the longest pushrod might have been for an application other than the Type 1 ( way back when) and got into my pile of "stuff". All those that were measured were within about .030" of each other- except the one odd one at 10.655
I could measure more if you think there is a need.

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
brian

Post by brian »

Mike, what do you mean, "with the big aluminum ends"? Do you mean steel ends? Good to see you're still working on stuff.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Mike Kochanski

Post by Mike Kochanski »

Hey Brian,

Its been a while. I hope things are going well for you. I thought about my post after I hit the send button. Yes, you are correct. The steel end. If my memory serves me there is only one end that has the steel part? I have not been racing the past few years but I am always busy working on vee stuff.

I have been side tracked the past three years restoring a 1969 Z/28 camaro that I bought in 1982. I started a rotisserie restoration in 2008 and finished it in July of 2010. I documented the whole process with about 3000 pictures. I disassembled the car in my garage and did all the work myself. The only thing I did not do is the body work. A good friend did that. I rebuilt the engine, transmission, differential and interior. Every nut and bolt is new, re-plated or re-finished in the correct color/texture. Check it out when you have a chance.

Enjoy http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcpicture ... 901775632/

Maybe we'll see you at Sprints this summer or for sure at the Runoffs. Good luck with your 2011 racing season. Take care.
Mike
Matt King

Post by Matt King »

Mike, that car is awesome. Well done!
brian

Post by brian »

Really nice job, very much like you and your work.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Mike Kochanski

Post by Mike Kochanski »

Matt & Brian,

Thank you for the compliment.

Mike
Hal

Post by Hal »

Holly smoke, Mike, is that Camaro nice! Got to be an award winner for sure, taking it to car shows?

Hal
D-13 88
Citation 88
Mike Kochanski

Post by Mike Kochanski »

Hi Hal,

Thanks for the compliment. I put 1000 miles on it last summer going to cruise nights and shows. I am going to do the Hot Rod Power Tour this summer from Indy to Muskegon Michigan and then Detroit. I am going with a friend who just finished restoring a hemi cuda. It should be a great time.

Good luck with your racing this year.
Mike