rear droop/camber set up

cendiv37

Re: rear droop/camber set up

Post by cendiv37 »

John,

Try changing your limiter spring rate to a constant 50 or 100 lb/in and see what it looks like.
Bruce
cendiv37
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

Bruce what do you think is going to happen?

My first question would be: are we discussing coming to rest at the droop stop or are we hoping to reach some point of equilibrium near the droop limit without actually hitting a stop?

If the combined springs actually have a lower rate than the main spring, I would think we are not going to have enough travel to hit the required spring locations.

Brian
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

cendiv37 wrote:John,
Try changing your limiter spring rate to a constant 50 or 100 lb/in and see what it looks like.
Bruce, sure, but it won't look like much. If you started with a constant rate 200 lb/in coil spring, you'd just end up with a 250 or 300 lb/in equivalent constant rate when the shock extended up and into your constant rate limiter. That extra 50 or 100 lb/in just acts like what a 25-50% increase in the coil spring rate would do.

Tell me are you're looking for. I can give you an equivalent constant rate droop limiter value that will do the same 0.55" movement of the droop rubber from yesterday until the tires leave the ground (or when 200 lb jacking is met), or I can tell you how far a 50 or 100 lb/in constant rate limiter would have to move to do the same. It's just the straight rate spring formula. John