Goodyears Pressures/Temperatures

jpetillo

Goodyears Pressures/Temperatures

Post by jpetillo »

Those of you running Goodyears, what kind of pressures are you running?

The little book the Goodyear guy gave me when I asked about recommended tire pressures has written in it for FV for cold tire pressures...

21 FR / 20 RR

Goodyear also mentions 160-210 degrees.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by jpetillo on October 6th, 2010, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiagosantos

Re: Goodyears Pressures/Temperatures

Post by tiagosantos »

I've only driven on goodyears once - I think I was running about 18/20 and I had all sorts of oversteer.. More than usual, that is!

So I'm up for trying 21/20 next weekend..
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I can't tell you what other people run, but *I* run "about" 18 front and "about" 20 rear. After the first session I look at the tire wear (the edge of the scrubbed rubber) and adjust accordingly. If it's really cold (< 60 degrees) I go down a pound or so - if it's really HOT (> 90) I might go up a pound. I ALWAYS *LOOK* at the edge of the tire wear pattern to make the final decision of what to run .. but usually, I'm pretty close.
YMMV depending on exactly what your weight ratio is F/R. Mine is almost exactly 40/60.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Thanks for the replies. I'm running at about a F/R = 44/56 weight bias. John
brian

Post by brian »

I was running 20/22 until tire temps indicated it was too much. 19/21 is a good comprimise. Any softer and I use up the tires too quickly.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.