Speedsport / Citation Spring Adjuster

jpetillo

Speedsport / Citation Spring Adjuster

Post by jpetillo »

Does anyone have a picture of a ride height adjuster installed in a Speedsport or Citation? With the crossbar and steering box, there doesn't seem to be many options for orientating it.

This is the adjuster I typically use.
http://www2.cip1.com/PhotoGallery.asp?P ... C10%2D4031

Thanks, John
Matt King

Re: Speedsport / Citation Spring Adjuster

Post by Matt King »

No photo, but i have seen the adjusters on Citations with the spring moved to the upper beam and the sway bar in the lower, opposite of the way they are usually set up. You could also do a split spring pack with a pair of adjusters to set each side independently. Then you keep the spring in the lower beam and clear the steering box with an adjuster on each side.
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Matt, thanks. It's good to know someone has gotten one in. Yes, I'd move the spring pack to the top beam. Two in the bottom is a good idea, but the steering box takes up a lot of real estate.

I'm doing the numbers up now to figure out how it could be orientated to give me what I want. John
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

It looks like two adjusters at the top may be the only way - one on each side of the steering box - separate by almost 7" to the centers. It looks like it will be about a 22-24% increase in spring rate. Any thoughts?
brian

Post by brian »

Is the thinking behind two adjuster is to balance weights? If so, wouldn't the zero roll compensate anyway?
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Brian, for me, one adjuster in the center of the top or bottom pipe would interfere with the frame or the steering box - won't fit. Two, puts one on each side of the steering box.

Otherwise, I agree, the zero roll would take care of a small tilt in front. I guess a large tilt would start to mess up the rear geometry more than you might want.
jrv

Post by jrv »

John,

I sent you an email with some photos and comments.

Jim Vaseff
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Jim, I got them. They were very helpful, and answered many questions - thanks!
fvkartguy

Post by fvkartguy »

would either of you be willing to forward that email?
HendricksRacing Site:
www.HendricksRacing.net
remmers

Post by remmers »

i believe my dad's old zinc z12 had the spring on top and ARB on bottom. it utilized the same front and rear suspension as the citation