manifold help

fv50fv

manifold help

Post by fv50fv »

how do you get the heat riser of a manifold with out screwing things up? how do they do that??? and how far can you open it up? thetackleshop@aol.com
brian

Re: manifold help

Post by brian »

If you have a torch, it can be melted off but be carefull not to splash.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Yes, the torch works fine, But I think he also want to know how to "open it up." The easiest way for someone who has not done it before is to buy 15 stock ones, some muratic acid, some grease, lots of large ball bearings, and go to work. After several days you will probably end up with 14 broke and or illegal ones and one that is maybe ok. :lol: I have built about 3 decent ones over the last few years. Costing for broke manifolds and my time I have decided to no longer make my own. I buy them..and let someone else have this labor of love...
billinstuart

Post by billinstuart »

Years ago I tried it. Removed the heat rise by cutting both sides and splitting it carefully. Ends and down tube were no problem, but got the ball stuck in a cross tube. 2000psi hydrotester wouldn't move the dam ball.

Buy a manifold.