American Racer Tire mounting issue

lbaconll

American Racer Tire mounting issue

Post by lbaconll »

I am having a tough time getting the American Racer Tires to seat correctly on the later model replacement rims. Apparently, the later rims have a safety bead and I have tried every trick I can think of! Any ideas?
SR Racing

Re: American Racer Tire mounting issue

Post by SR Racing »

lbaconll wrote:I am having a tough time getting the American Racer Tires to seat correctly on the later model replacement rims. Apparently, the later rims have a safety bead and I have tried every trick I can think of! Any ideas?
Good luck Larry. It is almost impossible to mount them. (especially the fronts) on the safety bead rims. Lot of heat and lubricant help, but it can still be almost impossible. I know the front Hoosiers are real tough, the Goodyears are a little easier. I haven't tried the AR's, but it appears they are the same problem.
Be carefull using high air pressures to get them beaded.

JIm
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

The height of the safety bead needs to be reduced by grinding or hammering.

Brian
Last edited by hardingfv32-1 on April 28th, 2008, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
stinkygod

Post by stinkygod »

I'm the last guy to take advice from, but my local tire shop couldn't mount them so I took them to Old Larry Rodriguez at the track (do I have the name right) and he got them on. He said something about there being a right side and a wrong side. I'm not talking about the directional arrows, but the is some marking that goes to the outside of the rim.

Zack
Samiam

Post by Samiam »

Speaking of Larry Rodriguez................... Does any one know how to get in touch with him???

Scott