Parts to VIR

bobc

Parts to VIR

Post by bobc »

Is anyone going to VIR this weekend that could pick up vee body panels in Montgomery, NY ( just out side of NYC and close to I=84 or the thruway)? If not does anyone know of a cheap way to ship them.
Thanks
Veefan

Re: Parts to VIR

Post by Veefan »

It may sound strange but the cheapest way to ship big fiberglass parts is via Greyhound bus. I shipped a 3 three piece fiberglass front clip of a 67 ford mustang and only covered it in bubble wrap (It arrived in perfect condition). It's not a door to door service, you'll have to drop them off and pick them at a bus depot. But it was 1/2 of what any one else wanted.
vreihen

Post by vreihen »

Veefan wrote:It may sound strange but the cheapest way to ship big fiberglass parts is via Greyhound bus.
My wife received the same tip from someone on eBay when they wanted her to ship a snowmobile cowl to them. As long as the parties on both ends are willing to go to their nearest bus terminal to drop off/pick up the item, it's a great deal!

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

Based on some guestimated measurements/weights, their web site is quoting under $70 to ship the rollbar-forward Vee fiberglass bodywork from New York to Tennessee. (I don't know if that includes their 9% fuel surcharge or not.) Even better, they are claiming that it will be there in less than two days.....
twofoot

Post by twofoot »

Thanks for the great tip! I was trying to figure a cheap way to get my body panels from the west coat to the east.

=)