Clutch Operating Arm

rhaynes93

Clutch Operating Arm

Post by rhaynes93 »

Does anyone "manufacture" a clutch operating arm that is different from OEM and might allow the use of a heim joint instead of the ball & socket type deal?
robert

Re: Clutch Operating Arm

Post by robert »

I wrapped some steel around a stock arm, as in the photo.

The other bracket, at the fixed end, uses the stock cable boss. It allows some adjustment in length, as well as rotates to align the cylinder with the arm.

A cylinder that pulls at an angle, or pivots that don't work smoothly just add effort at the pedal and can make opperation less smooth.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
brian

Post by brian »

Nice, another entry in my 35mm engineering guide.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
rhaynes93

Post by rhaynes93 »

I knew I had seen something like that before!
That is on the line of what I was thinking, except I was thinking of replacing the stock arm.
I have a stock piece that has been heated and bent in something of an s-shape. My rear suspension "carrier" is mounted directly above the operating arm; it mounts in the stock motor mount/starter mount holes. The stock arm is too long to fit under the carrier unless it is bent.
But the geometry is not perfect.
I was thinking to weld up two pieces of plate about 1/8"x1"x2-3/4" with a piece of 5/8" id tube at the bottom with a set screw to lock on the shaft and the rod end would be sandwiched between at the top like in yours.
Now, side question; Is it legal?
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Is it legal????
Fasteners are free!
Dietmar
(unless it makes you go faster!)