How To Make A Seat(?)

jpetillo

How To Make A Seat(?)

Post by jpetillo »

I'm interested in making a seat. A bead seat seems to be the most popular choice. I can add it inside my fiberglass shell (less beads needed and something to locate it), or without the shell.

Is there any reference that anyone knows about that describes how to fit a seat? I'm interested in understanding how the seat should be formed around the driver overall for holding me in place while allowing sufficient arm movement, but also around the shoulder area as well as around the head.

Thanks, John
FV55inSpokane

Re: How To Make A Seat(?)

Post by FV55inSpokane »

Are you an attorney? :lol:
I'm sure there's some place on the web that has info on this subject.
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Nope, not an attorney. I re-read what I wrote - did it sound like I was an attorney?

Anyway, yes, I've looked on the web and didn't find anything significant besides the joie (sp?) site. I was hoping someone else might have known of a site - or if there was a book that had a chapter or section on the subject.

Regards, John
snookwheel

Post by snookwheel »

Here is a couple links I had saved when I was looking at bead seats:

http://www.trackpedia.com/blogs/john/ar ... -seat.html

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/foam-seat-inserts.asp

Scott
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lot's of info on apexspeed.com do a search.

Dave
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

Snookwheel, thanks. These will be helpful. I'd see both of them before, but has misplaced the trackpedia link. So, thins is good.

Dave, thanks, too. I'm still digging around apexspeed. Their search engine won't find the word "seat" or "seats". I must be doing something wrong, but will get back there later and dig in my heels a bit more.

Thanks again, John