Update on DVD

1969zeitler

Update on DVD

Post by 1969zeitler »

I am working on the DVD and just waiting on 1 more video to be mailed to me. I have decided to do 6 mini movies to put up on Youtube. All will go on the DVD. Youtube is the best place to put them and will be viewed by many potential FV'rs. The mini movies are 30-45 seconds long, sortof like a super-bowl commercial and will get the message across. I will post one soon for you to look at and get comments. They are pretty cool.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Update on DVD

Post by FV80 »

Dying to see what you've come up with, Roger :mrgreen:

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

any more on this?
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Nothing more? Dead?
Hal

Post by Hal »

Sure sounded like a winner...

Hal
Citation 88
D-13 88
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I guess we've lost our way on this one again :cry: .
A friend emailed this link to me today and it just shows what COULD be done to promote our racing. I've seen several that were pretty good. This one is well up there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzgYtYVA ... e=youtu.be

It helps to have some $200,000 cars in there. Hmmm... maybe I could raise the price on my Vee ??
Steve, FV80
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

I guess the bashing he got by trying to build his own motor may have had something to do with it :D Hopefully that's it and not something more serious.

I think we could do this on a smaller scale just by posting our own clips, pick the best, most exciting on track battles you've had and post them on youtube/vimeo/whatever. Maybe we could all agree on a title format or a set of tags so that they would be easy to find. Then create a thread or a section here on the forum where we can link to all of these videos. Anyone interested in the class will most likely search the web for formula vee videos, and if we do this right, they'd find a bunch of really entertaining clips with lots of action. Unfortunately, most of the vee videos that are easily found on youtube are from mid pack guys driving around by themselves. Which I'm sure everyone can agree, on a VEE, doesn't look all that exciting. We really need to promote how much fun it is to run in a pack of vees!
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Granted, a washed out rock star would probably boost our ratings a little bit, but I'm sure we've got some interesting characters in our class too :P
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

tiagosantos wrote:I guess the bashing he got by trying to build his own motor may have had something to do with it ...
You know, Tiago, you might be right. That should teach us all something (I would hope) about how we respond to newbies that ask questions - even if we don't think they are doing the right thing.

The primary thing that makes the "good" promo videos GOOD, is the at track interviews and the crowds watching along with the VERY SHORT segments of close racing. It's obvious to all of us that those "close racing" scenes are generally taken in the first lap or 2, but it's "how it looks" that makes it good. It's getting VERY hard to find spectator crowds any more ...even at the Runoffs. I think the June Sprints has been out drawing the Runoffs since the last track change - not sure why.

Steve, FV80